gant chart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jp1316

Reaction score
Hello all, so I am going to start making beer for my friends through a beer of the month club. Simply put, they pay for ingredients, they rotate who helps me bottle and everyone gets 2 six packs of different beers(12 beers total per person per month). So I want to put all of the fermentation schedule, including what fermentation chamber(I have have 2) and what fermentation vessel(ie 5 gal carboy, 6.5 gal carboy, conical, ect), onto a chart and was looking around at my options - gant charts seem to be what I want. Basically it should have a calendar across the top line, a vertical column on the left side that has the beers by name and then a horizontal bar graph for each beer that is a different color for what stage of fermentation(primary, secondary, bottle or keg conditioning) that allows me to type inside of each bar what fermentation vessel it will be, what fermentation chamber it will be in, and at what fermentation temperature . I hope that all makes sense...the idea is that the chart will show me what chamber is being used during what dates at whatever temp and also show me what beer will be in each vessel for what dates. So anyone know of a program that does that? Better yet, does anybody have a template for something like that? Thanks

You might just try putting stuff into MS Project or a similar tool.

When I used to make that sort of thing by hand, I just did them in Excel by using colored cells to make the bars.

I haven't used ms project before. I thought about using excel, but I'd like the calendar and the bars to be matched up without having to match up the cell size on my own.

gfei - that looks like what I want, I just need to play around a little bit to see if any of those have all of the features that I want.

I messed around with the template from the second link Iposted and came up with this.

The original is the open office file, I converted it to an excel file which I included too but I don't know if everything will work... see if it does what you want...

View attachment Brew Schedule.zip

how do I add a different color and bars corresponding with the calendar for bottle and one for keg conditioning? - next to primary and secondary

I modified it to include conditioning. You can only have three conditions for conditional formatting so you're limited to 3 color bands, unless you want to get into VBA code... not hard but may not be necessary either.

View attachment Brew Schedule.zip

That's actually kinda neat, I may find a use for that myself.

Just a note, I changed the attachment above cause I noticed I had broken the slider bar to adjust the date range...

Wow. I am glad I clicked on this. I could use this myself. i try to use google calendar so it will remind me when to do things. But this is a great overall view. Especially to look into the future to things like events or seasonals you want to brew for. Thanks!

Is there any simple way to make duplicate lines similar to the "today" line?

The "today" line in the original file uses conditional formatting like the rest of the color bars. Unfortunately you can only have 3 conditional formats per cell... any formatting beyond what I have there would require some VBA code.

Unless you're talking about something else entirely.

Latest posts

Back