Gamers!! Come in!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namyarb3

Reaction score
Do you own a Wii? Xbox 360? PS3? Android or Apple phone? Anything that takes batteries???

My main hobby has now become beer brewing...and drinking...But before that it was gaming console modding. I would love to lend a hand here in the thread or via PM, but an awesome resource is another site online. I don't wanna step on toes and link it here until I get the OK from a mod.
Ask away for anything you need. :mug:

Glad to hear there are other people that love gaming on this fourum! I should post pics of my xbox related to modding. I water cooled my xbox because it is/was a first gen xbox that were prone to overheating and damage. So I took it upon myself to make it water cooled and the fans in the back have never gone above idle since :)

We got an Xbox a while back. Interested in using as a replacement for cable TV. Go.

:mug:

Xbox or xbox360? You can't get them to recieve tv signals, but it can be a media center to stream downloaded movies, shows, music, etc from your computer--through the xbox--to the TV.

Glad to hear there are other people that love gaming on this fourum! I should post pics of my xbox related to modding. I water cooled my xbox because it is/was a first gen xbox that were prone to overheating and damage. So I took it upon myself to make it water cooled and the fans in the back have never gone above idle since :)

I went through a couple xenon jtags and gave up on them. Currently have a jtag Jasper and 2 RGH jaspers for the kids. No need for water cooling with the Jaspers. Changed out the thermal paste to Arctic 5 and she runs nice and cool.

Do you also fix? I have been holding on to a 360 with the red eye, and a PS3 that won't work..

Is that the new 360 (all black and skinny) with just the red dot in the middle? Or RROD? 2 different monsters, If it's the new one that usually just means the hard drive isn't connected so you just pull it out and put it back in. RROD well I can't help you there. Last time I tried to fix a busted XBox was the original back in the day and that was basically a straight PC repair, I forget what I did but basically i just had to touch up some circuits IIRC

You got any mods that keep the wireless controls from busting apart when they hit walls?

I think I need that one. Tried a lanyard, and it worked, but the satisfaction without the lanyard was much more theraputic. And expensive.

You got any mods that keep the wireless controls from busting apart when they hit walls?

I think I need that one. Tried a lanyard, and it worked, but the satisfaction without the lanyard was much more theraputic. And expensive.

back in the day I used to keep old VCR tapes we didn't use and would smash them in my videogame rage. Now I am more restrained, but I still get pissed at FIFA on a regular basis when they take 1 shot and score from 30 yards out and I take 10 and get 5 highlight reel saves or bang the post 2 or 3 times and lose 1-0.

PS3 for me. I used to be a much bigger gamer but my wife is not a fan so you have to pick your battles. Been playing COD for the last month or so. Anything great coming out on PS3?

What mods can be done to a PS3? Haven't even thought about it to be quite honest. Haven't even touched it in over a month now to be honester. I haven't been interested in any new games coming out. Every year, I buy the new baseball game that's out. I had been picking up COD every year, but wasn't reely interested this year. I plowed through Skyrim and enjoyed that a bunch. I think I'm looking for something new like that to come out with a lot of quests.

Tempted to pick up Civ5. Used to love that series.

The new COD is good - nothing special though. I used to get Madden every year but I think I burned out it. I'm thinking about giving Skyrim another play through when I get a TV that can handle dark colors better.

I used to repair the rrod. Sold my equipment to focus more on brewing. Plus the consoles are near obsolete with the next generation coming late this year.

There is a way to mod ps3, but they need to be on the old 3.55fw. There is development now for a drive emulator that will read games from a portable hdd, but not out yet.

The Wii is the easiest. Only need an sd card. 15 min and you are playing games from a portable hdd. Old ones can play burned discs.

Xbox360 needs soldering skills and programming. Play games from internal or external hdd. Most drives can be programmed to play burned discs.

I only did 1 ps3...2 years ago. Think I just put files on a flash drive and let them run.

I learned my lesson, no Video Game console is worth going bonkers at launch for. Wait until it has a respectable library then consider it. ALso if the sales bomb often there will be a price drop.

I just picked up Black Ops 2 last night (I know I'm late to the party) and played some TDM last night. Any other BlOps 2 players on Xbox 360 on here? My gamertag is "n8 b 77".

Well i play MW3 still, wasn't a fan of the last Black Ops so i did't even bother picking this one up. Always looking for new people to play online with. My gamertag is TREbombz86 on xbox360...... just a warning i have quite a foul mouth sometimes ( even more so after a few beers)

Back