Gainesville, FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FINALLY bottled my damn Vienna / NorthernBrewer SMaSH last night. The Vienna malt smelled absolutely fantastic. A little sweet with almost a slight honey note.

apologize is probably the best kidz bop song. seriously.

i feel like absolute ****.

Went to bed around 2am I guess, then I spilled a bunch of red kool-aid on the carpet in our room, then at 4am we get woken up by the smoke detector. I was still drunk so I didn't get up. I turned the light on and tried to see if I could smell smoke or hear anything. Nothing, so I went back to sleep.

Ed totally checking out my ass.
15836_10100263881675821_2036723_62417407_7519284_n.jpg

15836_10100263881521131_2036723_62417382_7613500_n.jpg

15836_10100263881590991_2036723_62417393_2617314_n.jpg

15836_10100263881600971_2036723_62417395_3280827_n.jpg

15836_10100263881635901_2036723_62417402_497069_n.jpg

15836_10100263881690791_2036723_62417410_859659_n.jpg

15836_10100263881700771_2036723_62417411_2810431_n.jpg

15836_10100263881720731_2036723_62417413_1002934_n.jpg

lol
15836_10100263881441291_2036723_62417372_4547518_n.jpg

I drank so much....

last night and at the tailgate...

how is it that you feel like **** everytime chris? I went to bed around 2:30 after making mac n cheese woke up at 6.

Im tired as **** but I feel ok

I drank so much....

last night and at the tailgate...

how is it that you feel like **** everytime chris? I went to bed around 2:30 after making mac n cheese woke up at 6.

Im tired as **** but I feel ok

I'm a light weight. Started feeling fine around lunch time.

Also Chris, even if I was checking out your rear, don't you see the look of disgust on my face?

You were disgusted cause my shorts weren't shorter.

I finally bottled my 4-hop take on EdWort's Pale Ale and am thawing my vials of Witbier yeast to prep for my attempt at a tart cherry wit that I'll hopefully brew on Friday.

By the way, did anyone finish off the bottles I brought to the tailgate after I left? I am always looking for feedback, so let me know if you had any of my brews.

By the way, did anyone finish off the bottles I brought to the tailgate after I left? I am always looking for feedback, so let me know if you had any of my brews.

Damn, didn't know you left any. I bet they're still in Barron's fridge. I think I only had your brown ale, and that was good. :mug:

Dudes, what do you think about this $48 turkey fryer kit from Bass Pro Shops?:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_10211271?hvarTarget=search&hvarAID=&cmCat=10010100

Its a 58K BTU burner with a sturdy looking pot stand and a 7.5 gal aluminum pot with handles. AND A FREE MEAT INJECTOR - SWEET!

Seems like a good deal with me. That $48 price includes shipping. Tired of f*cking up my stove with boil overs.

Looks awesome, I'd buy it. Is that pot big enough to BIAB? But I guess you do that in a cooler and drain into the pot.

7.5*gal is probably not big enough for full-Aussie-crazy BIAB, but I don't do that anyway. I'll stick with my 5 gal mash tun.

I just bought the turkey fryer online linked above. And I'm outa town for a couple days for a wedding in New York. Itchin' to brew up a mild when I get back!

I just finished natural carbing a mild. It's pretty good. I should probably chill it. I had it at room temp

I'm hoping to get my freezer done within 2-3 weeks then I'll have everyone over to give it a whirl!

I've not had much time to mess with it. school's a little crazy and I've been going out of town on the weekends where we don't have home games (South Carolina this weekend woo!)

so hopefully by SEC championship it'll be good to go.

Hey Chris how's the neighbor like drums and guitar?

Drums are muted. Didn't hear any complaints. How could you complain about talent like that? I have to play songs with a pretty simple drum beat cause I'm only using my feet (kick and hi-hat). I mastered Soul Meets Body by Death Cab.

I know some songs in open tuning on the guitar, i should play those that way i have a free hand some of the time.

hmm......

Looks like the yeast is dead. I'll have to swing by the store and pick up a vial this afternoon.

Just got done talking my boss into having a party up at work in a week after we get off. I'll provide most of the beer for it. The President and Vice President are both English so I hope they like my Mild.

Wish I had some Real Beer for them.

my co2 is running out.

at fire extinguisher place a 5 # is 16, at airgas its 20... I think Im gonna go to fire extinguisher again.

I should get a 20 pounder.

if anyone sees one for under 50, and ou dont need it, share!

28 pages of gainesville?!?

Not only is G-Ville the NCAA Football capital, but is it the college homebrew capital too?

Decided to brew tomorrow (today) at work. My first IIPA!!!! 284 IBUs Calculated. I had some saved wort in the fridge from the vienna/cent smash and had planned to use it as starter wort. Stupid me forgot that I didn't boil it after the mash so, of course, it had complete conversion. So I ran up to the shop after 1 am, grabbed some DME and a vial of 001. Starter's chilling down now.

Steam burns aren't fun.

Got the stout kegged today and the mild is now cold crashing. I'm betting by tomorrow night it will be pretty clear (S-04) so I'll probably keg it tomorrow night. Dry hopped with two ounces in the MO/Amarillo SMaSH and the Citra IPA has been on dry hops for 3 days now. It's almost clear and has been at room temp for a while now, love 007.

Vienna/Cent SMaSH is officially gone and I think I have about half a pint left of the Hop Burst APA left. I'll be dumping at least one beer, but maybe two, to make room for my new line up.

That's what's happening around the country. Here's what's happening in your neck of the woods ...

Sounds like fun, Chris.

I am doing all kinds of weird stuff with this beer I am brewing. I started mashing at about 7 pm last night at 150... and it's still sitting at 130 degrees in its cooler now - I really wanted the acidulated malt to have plenty of time to do its thing. I'll start sparging around 11. This is also the first time I used rice hulls - just in case all the proteins decide to gum up the braid.

I decided not to do a starter with the vial of WLP 400 that I picked up from the shop yesterday.

I still have not decided what bittering hop I want to use on this. It'll probably end up being Magnum, but I am tempted to use something more exotic.

I'll be dumping at least one beer, but maybe two, to make room for my new line up.

I am sure you can find some people to help you finish those off quickly instead of dumping them...

IIPA is done. Get this, I sparged and I chilled! gasp.

BTW, don't let Ed take over your hop additions. He threw in an ounce of Simcoe 30 minutes too early. It was suppose to be 284 IBUs, but who the hell knows now. I lost 2 GALLONS to hops!!! There's hop matter covering the back parking lot now and the grains from Felipe's brew night are still there. Moldy, but still there.

Ed also witnessed me take a chunk out of my thumb with a racking cane. Same hand as the steam burn mentioned above.

Just got done kegging the Mild and pitched my 2000ml starter into the IIPA. The stout is growing on me. Bought another keg today, too. It's been a good week.

Now I'm off to party with Ed and Barron and try not to get too ****faced.

Hey guys, I'm up in Queens at the moment, but last night went to a place in Manhattan that advertised that they had two beers: a "dark" beer and a "light" beer. It was an Irish place so I figured it would be Guinness and Harp (yuck). Turns out it was a Porter and a Bitter (or maybe a Mild) and it was fantastic! Totally confirmed that I am doing a mild or a bitter when I get back. I had my beak in the glass the whole night.

Hey guys, I'm up in Queens at the moment, but last night went to a place in Manhattan that advertised that they had two beers: a "dark" beer and a "light" beer. It was an Irish place so I figured it would be Guinness and Harp (yuck). Turns out it was a Porter and a Bitter (or maybe a Mild) and it was fantastic! Totally confirmed that I am doing a mild or a bitter when I get back. I had my beak in the glass the whole night.

well that's a nice surprise.

IIPA is churning away happily. I'll be heading up to the shop after while to pick up my equipment and try Jason's new Double Simcoe IPA.

I challenge you to find something better than watching Skip do karaoke at 4 am.

Latest posts

Back