GABF 2010. Who's Going?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. .. I thought the Oktoberfest was sponsored by Paulaner?

I will be going; flying in on Friday, hotel downtown, homebrewer's session Saturday, back to New Mex on Sunday. Falling Rock Friday anyone?

I'll be at the saturday afternoon members only session with 4 other people. 1 of which is also a member on this site. I think doing falling rock after is a great idea. I'm really excited to see the difference between the members only session and the saturday night session. I have been going for the last 3 years (ever since i moved to CO). It totally turns into a drunk-fest, which is fine if that is what you are going for....... I go for the quailty of the beer not the quantity. (maybe a little quantity :drunk:)

But yeah, we should call Falling Rock and get some seats reserved for afterwards. Let them know it is for Homebrewtalk members so when people come in they know where to go?

-Craig

I'll be at most of the sessions. Falling Rock is a great place and I will be there almost every day during the fest, but you can count on it being line-out-the-door after the sessions.

If I could recommend one thing, it's that we should all meet at Naked City during the midpoint of each session for a toast. After all. Don (Brewtopia) started here as a homebrewer!

olllo - good suggestion.......for the Sat members session would that be 2:30 ish? I would agree that FRTH will be crazy most of the time....but I am wondering how busy it will be on Sat eve? After the members only session. Anyone ever been at that time?

I look forward to meeting some HBTers!

The G/F and I will be at the Friday night, and Saturday members session.

+ 1000 to doing some toasts at the Naked City set-up. Great idea ollllo!

I talked to Don a couple weeks ago and he is major stoked to be pouring at GABF. He will also have a pro-am beer in the race. A Wood Aged Imperial Porter that he team brewed with 2 members from my home brew club (GEBL Greater Everett Brewers League). I'll be sporting my Naked City shirt for the Saturday members session.

Also for Seattle locals, or anyone visiting the area Don will be holding a pro-am rally at Naked City on Aug 21st.

AHA/Pro-Am Rally currently scheduled for August 21st at Naked City Brewery from 1-4 pm (the entire bar will be only open to AHA members!) Come by for a chance to drink up to 16 of the winning beers!

Are we making a contact list again for this years GABF? last year it seemed to work out to do some tweets and also have a list of texting capable HBT'ers to arrange breakfast/beers together. It has been kind of cool the last 2 years to know who was going from HBT and to arrange to meet some of them while there.

I will be there. Pouring this year for the first time! Can't wait and I'm looking forward to meeting some more HBT'ers and seeing some old friends. Cheers!

Hey here's a question. On a whim, it looks like I might be able to get out of work for a few days and was thinking of getting down to the fun. "Sold Out" is what I'm hearing. On the off chance I'm able to find entry, can anyone who's been there before or lives in the area PM me with accommod. advice? I'm planning on a 'next year' properly-planned visit, but on the off chance I get to go this year, it is an 'alright' flight price for me, so starting to look at 'what if' chances for this year. Thanks!

Hey here's a question. On a whim, it looks like I might be able to get out of work for a few days and was thinking of getting down to the fun. "Sold Out" is what I'm hearing. On the off chance I'm able to find entry, can anyone who's been there before or lives in the area PM me with accommod. advice? I'm planning on a 'next year' properly-planned visit, but on the off chance I get to go this year, it is an 'alright' flight price for me, so starting to look at 'what if' chances for this year. Thanks!

Don't know much about hotel prices, since I live here, but you can almost always get a ticket on the street in front of the convention center. I don't like the scalpers, but they might be able to get you a ticket.

Speaking of, mine haven't arrived in the mail yet. Has anybody recieved their actual tickets?

Don't know much about hotel prices, since I live here, but you can almost always get a ticket on the street in front of the convention center. I don't like the scalpers, but they might be able to get you a ticket.

Speaking of, mine haven't arrived in the mail yet. Has anybody recieved their actual tickets?

I have not received mine in the mail either. Colorado is probably mailing last.

My tickets showed up about a week ago. yay!

Edited to add: Last year, a number of us made our own ID badges for GABF using http://bighugelabs.com/badge.php
The idea was that it's easier to figure out who's who and who you know if you have a semi-official looking badge on. Plus, it's kind of fun. Think of it as a con for beer geeks, which is pretty much exactly what GABF is.

Here's my badge for this year:
GABF_Badge.jpg

My tickets showed up about a week ago. yay!

Edited to add: Last year, a number of us made our own ID badges for GABF using http://bighugelabs.com/badge.php
The idea was that it's easier to figure out who's who and who you know if you have a semi-official looking badge on. Plus, it's kind of fun. Think of it as a con for beer geeks, which is pretty much exactly what GABF is.

Here's my badge for this year:
GABF_Badge.jpg

That's a cool idea

If you're free Friday morning a cool event to check out is the Ladies of Craft Beer - Beer for Boobs Brunch. It's at Fresh Craft, a great new beer bar on Blake Street. I went to their grand opening and it's legit. A bunch of us beer bloggers will be attending this. I think they are almost sold but if you get a ticket it's a great way to start your Friday:mug:

Andrea and I will be going to Saturday afternoon members only.

WOW I haven't been on here for a while!

olllllo, are you doing the contact list again?

Ive got tix to the Sat evening session. Haven't been in a few years, and I'm really excited about it this year! Naked City is on the list for sure, have to support former HBTers

One more week to GABF. I am getting very excited! I will be volunteering on Thurs and Fri and attending on Sat. Any volunteers working the Beer Garden, Island "O"?

Looks like my GABF buddy can't make it this year, so I have a spare ticket for Saturday Afternoon. Anybody interested? I'll sell it to you for face value.

I'd love for an HBT'er to take it off my hands. PM me to claim.

Now I know. I'm pouring Friday night and Saturday Day, Island A (New England Beers) by the entrance. Stop by and say "Hi".

I had plans to go but they fell through sadly. My quad is being featured as a ProAm beer I did with Thunder Canyon Brewing being poured in the Friday session. Get some and tell everyone how awesome it is! :)

Don't forget about the World Brewers Forum on Thursday 9/16 8pm until midnight. Free food and Homebrews ( 16 Kegs), A talk by Chris White (White Labs) and Patrick Rue (The Bruery). We are also having a raffle and silent auction. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Children's Hospital. Yours truly submitted an India Red Ale.

I hope some of you can make it:mug:

Click on the link on my signature, then click on the WBF tab for all the info. RSVP is suggested

I am so ready for sat morning at 11 am! That's when we leave our house for the 8 block walk to the GABF!!!!! See you there!

Damn, I was hoping to get a brew in before the GABF. I didn't realize the afternoon session started at 12:30. I'd have to wake up pretty early to squeeze in a brew before that.

I'm excited!! I'll see you there man!

Damn, I was hoping to get a brew in before the GABF. I didn't realize the afternoon session started at 12:30. I'd have to wake up pretty early to squeeze in a brew before that.

I'm excited!! I'll see you there man!

looks like a 4 am mash if you want to be done by start time

Pro tip- To minimize your wait time, leave late. That's right, I said it. Plan on arriving 12:45 or so. You'll walk right in.

Sure, you'll miss people watching in the line, but you can do that inside. You may miss a beer or two, but meh. 4 hours gets a bit long for me, so I never feel like I missed out.

And no, I'm not just trying to cut down on my wait time by convincing others to get there late.

Pro tip- To minimize your wait time, leave late. That's right, I said it. Plan on arriving 12:45 or so. You'll walk right in.

Sure, you'll miss people watching in the line, but you can do that inside. You may miss a beer or two, but meh. 4 hours gets a bit long for me, so I never feel like I missed out.

And no, I'm not just trying to cut down on my wait time by convincing others to get there late.

you should bring an abbey weiss or two so we can wait n line in style

Latest posts

Back