Gaaah! The probe fell out of the freezer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uwjester

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, there I am thinking fermentation is going along nicely. I went to check and see how it was going Saturday night. I pop open the freezer and what do I see? Beer Ice everywhere. I'm guessing one of the kids got the temperature probe cord caught on their bike handlebars and pulled it out of the freezer. With the probe reading a steady 60F and the controller set for 52F, my Oktoberfest is ruined. Also, it took me an hour to clean out the freezer AFTER I got it warmed up enough to melt the ice. I thought about trying to save the beer, but no way am I sitting on this for 6 months to find out how bad it is. I'd rather start fresh. And maybe dismantle those bikes.

So, there I am thinking fermentation is going along nicely. I went to check and see how it was going Saturday night. I pop open the freezer and what do I see? Beer Ice everywhere. I'm guessing one of the kids got the temperature probe cord caught on their bike handlebars and pulled it out of the freezer. With the probe reading a steady 60F and the controller set for 52F, my Oktoberfest is ruined. Also, it took me an hour to clean out the freezer AFTER I got it warmed up enough to melt the ice. I thought about trying to save the beer, but no way am I sitting on this for 6 months to find out how bad it is. I'd rather start fresh. And maybe dismantle those bikes.

I would have let it thaw out and repitched myself . If this is all the kids have done you are lucky. After 10 years I still don't know who gouged the paint down to the metal from rear to front on the drivers side of my freshly painted AMX .. Nobody will fess up to it.

I'm sure its not the worst thing they will ever do, just the worst thing they did this weekend. Yeah, I'll just grit my teeth a bit and relax. They didn't know what they were doing. And it's not like I won't enjoy brewing up a replacement batch.

Latest posts

Back