FWI: Check to see if your tap is open when connecting your keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muse435

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know this is dumb and I know it's all my fault. I connected my picnic tap to my keg to sample the beer and i was not paying attention to the faucet. Long story short, I now get to rent a carpet cleaner. There is pumpkin ale all over my carpet, SWMBO will be pissed :cross:

I pulled an empty Co2 tank out of the keezer last week and told the wife I was going to get it filled. She said, "what's that noise?" (I couldn't hear it). Go back to the laundry room where the keezer sits and I had opened the tap somehow. Luckily it is linoleum back there.

Is there a way to clean the beer out of the carpet? I plan on renting a carpet cleaner this weekend but it would be nice to at least make it look a little better before SWMBO gets home :D

I ended up getting a "little green machine". We needed one anyways, but maybe not last night :) . On a bright note, no more stain, SWMBO = happy

Back