FuzzeWuzze's Coffin Keezer + Cabinet storage Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick update since i havent finished yet, busy getting married and such. Now that its over and we're back from the honeymoon I have some more time to finally finish this project up.

We found some nice wood at Lowes we actually like, its engineered hardwood(not laminate) bamboo flooring. They have a light and dark color and we went for the darker of the two as the other one is a bit too light and contrasts a bit much.
Just a few pieces put down to see what it looks like. Because of the already hefty weight of this keezer with all of the extra wood and potential storage we decided against tile, so we dont end up busting the caster wheels :)
Keezer-Day31.jpg

Im waiting for my 24" drip tray to show up Thursday so i can finish cutting the wood, ****s expensive but ive already blown so much money on this project whats another $100 ...

Thankfully they are on sale at Beveragefactory, got the inset one with the stainless cover. Although i realized that this drip dray is .75" deep and the bamboo is only 5/8 thick. So ive come to the conclusion that because my top is plywood i will just use a chisel to cut away the top layer of plywood or so where the drip tray goes...i think this should give me adequate depth to get it flush with the top and not compromise the strength of the lid which is 3/4" thick and i only need another 1/8th or so of space. So it should end up looking something like this(only 2x longer as this is the 12")

tn2_large_dp-220d072110084438.jpg

Wow! This thing is amazing! I'm hoping to just figure out a simple collar on a freezer.

Nice work.

My lazy ass finally got around to ordering cabinet doors that came in today. Need to stain them and hopefully in another week or two it will be totally done and ill post pics :)

Bump! Hey Fuzze, what's she look like nowadays? And how hard is it getting into the freezer to swap kegs or wipe it down, since there is an extra buffer (the shelving & wood) around the freezer?

Any finished pictures? I'm looking at doing something like this and found this thread. I really like the idea. Also, have you had any issues with blocking the vents for the freezer?

Back