fustrated with yeast,

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireball

Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding different strains of yeast. I thought I scored big today when I found a wine store with racks and racks and racks of kits, sugar, additives and equipment but when I asked about yeast, out came Lalvin EC-1118 and "that's what we keep." it took my own eye and some "negotiating" to get some of the 71B-1122 on the shelf above it.

does anyone know of a wine supply in Alberta that has a good selection of yeast? I'd really like to find some of the ale and cider yeasts mentioned.

sincerely,
Fustrated Localis. :(

try googling home brew shops in alberta thats how I found mine.

Or you could ckeck the yellow pages.

there in, is the problem, google has gotten me nowhere and the yellow pages were a bit better, but......

of the three local choices under the wine and beer making category, one had only EC-1118, the second had only EC-1118 & 71B-1122 and the third had no wine making supplies at all. so my choices are to start looking in Edmonton & Calgary, a three or five hour trip plus time in the city which isn't exactly desirable for someone working 220+ hours a month. I'd even settle for a reputable online vender if someone knows of one.

thanks,
Fustrated Localis :drunk:

thanks, I found the Apple Drugs site but the peace country is a loonnnnnggg drive from here. :D the Midwest site is nice, has the stuff, but they don't ship to Canada.

I enjoy where I live but sometimes the small stuff is a pain. :p

still Fustrated Localis

thanks, I found the Apple Drugs site but the peace country is a loonnnnnggg drive from here. :D the Midwest site is nice, has the stuff, but they don't ship to Canada.

I enjoy where I live but sometimes the small stuff is a pain. :p

still Fustrated Localis

PM me with your choice of yeast & a mailing address, I'll send you a packet or two of dry yeast. Regards, GF.

I'm having trouble finding different strains of yeast. I thought I scored big today when I found a wine store with racks and racks and racks of kits, sugar, additives and equipment but when I asked about yeast, out came Lalvin EC-1118 and "that's what we keep." it took my own eye and some "negotiating" to get some of the 71B-1122 on the shelf above it.

does anyone know of a wine supply in Alberta that has a good selection of yeast? I'd really like to find some of the ale and cider yeasts mentioned.

sincerely,
Fustrated Localis. :(

What city are you in or near? Have you tried Valentine's in Red Deer? I heard that they were a great place for wine kits as their prices are $25 or so lower than in Calgary and I finally had an excuse to pass through Red Deer a week ago so I checked them out. They look like they have a large cabinet just for yeasts.

If you are in Calgary have you checked all of the usual suspects? The Vineyard, The Home Vintner, Wine Warehouse, Wine Kitz, Winemaker, and Grapes to Glass?

What I would like to know is where I can score apple juice or apples cheap in Calgary or southern Alberta.

D

My LHBS doesn't have much of anything in it, BUT he will order anything I need. I am supposed to be getting a 6 gallon carboy soon, and all I have to do is pick it up. Also no shipping!! You could always ask if they would be willing to order any products that they don't carry on hand. What does it hurt to ask?

I ordered parts for my keggerator from More Beer / More Wine, they had a good selection and shipping out here to the rock was reasonable so it should be OK for Canada.
Best of luck,

Latest posts

Back