Fuse Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnOldUR

fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Posted this question deep in an induction thread, but hoping it will get seen better on it's own.

Had a fuse blow in my induction hob. The one on the left is the original. The one on the right is the one I used to replace it. What's the difference? Both are 15 amp.

251528d1422221938-will-cheap-3500-watt-induction-burner-work-avantcofuse.jpg

The one on the left is a 'slow blow' fuse. These are typically used when the device has a slightly higher momentary draw. This type of fuse will handle the 'current spike' and not blow. The one on the right is a fast acting fuse. It may work just fine but if it blows you may have to find the slow blow type.

Does the voltage rating matter when it comes to fuses. I had thought it was only amps, but just noticed that one is 250V and the other is 32V.

edit:
Found an answer:
If a 32 V fuse attempts to interrupt the 120 or 230 V source, an arc may result. Plasma inside that glass tube fuse may continue to conduct current until current eventually so diminishes that plasma reverts to an insulating gas.

Back