Funny/Weird things your SO/Spouse says about brewing...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seatazzz

Well-Known Bloviator & Pontificator
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Those of us with significant others/spouses/whatever (we're not judgmental here) have all heard the comments. Some of us are lucky enough to have a partner that is totally into our hobby/obsession, but then there are those who question our sanity/financial acumen/just what the hell were you thinking. So my question here, is what is the best/worst comment/question/observation your SO has made in regards to homebrewing? I'll start:

1. What do you need THAT for? (Whirlfloc)
2. Didn't you just brew that last week? (WF Lager)
3. Isn't that hop the same as the last one you bought? (CTZ after buying Columbus)
4. You already have one of those, why did you need another one? (false bottom)
5. How do you run out of grain/hops/propane so fast????

And the inevitable...

6. You're brewing AGAIN???

Well no SO for me, but once i thanked my Mom for buying me a homebrew kit when i was 18...she said "little did i know"....still think it was a great favor!

on 2nd brew on my new rig that took me 2 years to build in the garage... (I used to brew in the kitchen)

My wife walks into the garage and says what she always says when I brew: "it smells like a barn in here"

I look up at her and say "I think you mean, 'thanks husband'"

Her: "oh yeah, thanks husband!"

artworks-000193306275-i27ve4-t500x500.jpg

Coincidentally, the mailman came up...asked me what I was brewing, told me about his sweet 10 gallon rig and ex wife. Hmm...maybe not such a coincidence. Thankful for what I have!

Back