Fulton County (Atlanta, GA) Water profile, anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shlegminitism

Reaction score
Hey guys, i was reading up on the benefits of determining water profile when brewing, and i was wondering if any of the atlanta area brewers here have found out the water profile of fulton county water. I couldn't find all of the info on their website.

Aaaaaaand, Dancing Banana.
:ban:

I beleive it's ga law to send a quarterly report with H2O sample results. In Savannah we get a nice blue card (yeah blue, funny huh) that tells us just how GREAT our water is. downstream from a nuculear plant, paper plant, seaport...etc.. After reading that i realised how important that $1.65 5 gallon water machine at the grocery store is!!!! Personally, when the dust settles with AL, FL and GA I don't think y'all will be using Lake Lanier much so I would look for another source of brewing liquids.

Please note, this information was taken from inhbc.org from a post by a member there "Steveorino"... this is his water report from Alpharetta, GA... it shouldn't be too much different:

pH: 8.8
-----------
(All in ppm)
Sodium: 5
Potassium: 2
Calcium: 8
Magnesium: 1
Total Hardness, CaCO3: 24
Nitrate: <.1
Sulfate: 3
Chloride: 6
Carbonate: 3
BiCarbonate: 16
Total Alkalinity, CaCO3: 18

I beleive it's ga law to send a quarterly report with H2O sample results. In Savannah we get a nice blue card (yeah blue, funny huh) that tells us just how GREAT our water is. downstream from a nuculear plant, paper plant, seaport...etc.. After reading that i realised how important that $1.65 5 gallon water machine at the grocery store is!!!! Personally, when the dust settles with AL, FL and GA I don't think y'all will be using Lake Lanier much so I would look for another source of brewing liquids.

Um, that machine just takes the same water you get from the tap and runs it though filter(s) that get changed occasionally.

Back