Fully automated brew with my home made Brew controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does a single pot RIMS system, like the Speidel Braumeister appeal to you?

• No I have another set-up and I don't need to automate that.

• No, I have another set-up and I would like to automate it.

• Yes, I use single pot RIMS, but its not automated yet

• Yes, I use a single pot RIMS set-up and use Arduino /something else to automate it.

• I like to have something like the Braumeister, but it is too expensive.

• None of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tytonegro

Reaction score
Hi brewer colleagues,

The 24th of September I posted on the first test run with my brew controller for a single pot RIMS setup.
That test was mainly about the temperature controller. It lives here:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f235/test-run-home-made-brew-controller-braumeister-clone-490847/

The program is evolving quickly and a few weeks ago I did a completely automated brew. I made 15 liters of Belgian Golden Strong Ale. For this brew I used a multi-step mashing scheme and a boil with 3 hop additions. All mashing temperature steps and timings were under program control, as well as the boiling and the timing of the hop additions.

The controller worked almost flawlessly. But I need to do some more work on the brewing hardware. I'm still not completely satisfied with the pump/spray head and I definitely need to install the thermowell that recently arrived.

As far as circulating the wort is concerned, I was wondering if the wort might take up too much oxygen that might cause the wort/beer to turn out darker then expected.

Any thoughts on that?

Have a look for yourself on my blog or on YouTube where I posted a video on this test brew.
If you don't have time to watch that, my blog summarizes it mostly.

My blog post is here: http://www.merlinmakes.cato-projects.org/?x=entry:entry141010-152440

and this is the video report:

Let me know what you think,

PS
I thought it to be nice to add a poll to get to know your opinion better:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back