Full volume BIAB and water additions in bru n water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSK_Chess

enthusiastic learner
Reaction score
At present I sparge but will soon be doing full volume BIAB (brew in a basket) for simplicity sake and to see if it makes any discernible difference. Calculating water volumes is not very difficult but I was wondering about mineral additions. If anyone uses bru n water as I do, how do you apportion your water for a full volume BIAB? Do you simply make up all the volume in the mash section and leave the sparge section blank and go from there?

That’s it.
Read the comment in the mash volume and sparge volume cells on the water adjustment sheet.

Please let me know how this works out. I also use Bru'n Water with full volume BIAB (all mash volume and no sparge volume). In my case, I consistently get over-estimates on the amount of lactic acid required to lower the pH into the desired range. Over 7 brews, the estimated amount of acid has been 3 to 4 time more than I actually needed. Trying to see if this is related to doing full volume BIAB.

Back