Full Boil with Brewer's Best Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johndeere

Reaction score
I've been using the brewer's best kits that have all the predetermined ingredients along with instructions. The instructions read to boil ingredients in 2 gallons of water. I have a pot that could handle 4-4.5 gallon boil with no boil over. I realize a full boil is the way to go, but would a full boil hinder these predetermined quantities any since they're meant for a 2 gallon boil batch.

My next batch I want to get as close as I can to a full boil for sanitation reasons mainly, wasn't sure if that would be advisable or not with my kit.

You will need to adjust your bittering hop addition. I've read that you should reduce them by about 25%. I'd suggest doing a search, there have been some good threads on this in the past. Or just check out the 'Similar Threads' at the bottom of this page.

I just finished reading a thread that talked about reducing bittering hop additions by 25% as well to keep to the intended style IBU's.

That would really be the only thing you would have to do differently.

Back