Full boil PM?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miked597

Reaction score
If I'm doing a full boil can I heat up 4 gallons in my brew pot to around 160-170. Then add the mashed wort to the brew pot to give me 6-6.5 gallons to boil?

I'm pretty new to home brewing. I've done 4 extract kits with specialty grains and beers turned out good. I have 20 gallons fermenting now that were done PM as above post. I hope they turn out!!!

I'm not sure i understand your question. Maybe you can provide a little more detail.

I mash 3 pounds of grain for 60 min. In one gallon of water at 152 degrees then rinse with another gallon at around 160. Then I add the wort to 4 gallons of 160 degree water in my brew pot then start my boil.

I mash 3 pounds of grain for 60 min. In one gallon of water at 152 degrees then rinse with another gallon at around 160. Then I add the wort to 4 gallons of 160 degree water in my brew pot then start my boil.

Sounds good to me.

Back