FT: 2017 Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultravista

Reaction score
I have 66 bottles of 2017 Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout. Some are listed on eBay and I am looking for potential trades with the rest.

Trades such as New England IPAs:

Tree House Brewing
  • Bright w/Citra
  • Green
  • Haze
  • Very Hazy
  • Julius
  • King Julius
  • Juice Machine
Trillium
  • ???
Alchemist
  • Heady Topper
WeldWerks
  • Extra Extra Juicy Bits
Hill Farmstead
  • ?
And others ...

Regular BCS is not hard to find. You're going to have a real hard time making any of those trades given its distribution this year unless you have variants. Good luck. :mug:

Randar, you post in my trade thread and tell everyone reading that what I have to offer isn't worth much; to a certain extent, damaging my ability to exchange beers since what I have is 'not hard to find' and 'heavily distributed'.

What is your intention?

Randar, you post in my trade thread and tell everyone reading that what I have to offer isn't worth much; to a certain extent, damaging my ability to exchange beers since what I have is 'not hard to find' and 'heavily distributed'.

What is your intention?
I'd imagine that he's letting you know that the standard BCBS is in much wider availability than in previous years and that the rare and hard to get versions that are worth shipping for a trade are the seven variants. BCBS standard has been spotted in gas stations and a few Walmarts. People stand in line for the variants.

I'd imagine that he's letting you know that the standard BCBS is in much wider availability than in previous years and that the rare and hard to get versions that are worth shipping for a trade are the seven variants. BCBS standard has been spotted in gas stations and a few Walmarts. People stand in line for the variants.

This. It's at most of the grocery stores around here, which generally have pretty poor beer selections. Haven't seen any of the variants around here though, even at the bottle shops that carry a lot of rare/limited release stuff.

Well, in TN, people stand in line for plain ole BCBS. We went through all 7 cases in 15 minutes with a limit of two. My point being, it still isn't heavily distributed everywhere.

No, but I had to try. I will say it is a very limited release and has been aging for 8 months.

Sorry:oops::oops:.......Carry on.

A met up with a buddy a couple years ago in OKC, (He's from Chicago) and he brought out some BCBS for me. It was amazing and I would trade for it. I haven't seen it here in Utah.

Can you post the eBay link? I’d love to buy some BCBS at cost and have it shipped to my door. I assume that’s what you’re offering, no?

Can the group please explain the crazy pricing for BCBS? eBay has it for $25-$29 per 16.9 oz. blt. Empty bottles are the same? Don’t understand that at all. I am in So. CA and my big box grocer was blowing it out. Had it offered at $7 and I know the beer guy so I offered $4 to take it all. They sold me the last 36 btls. I got them for $4 each.

It was briefly available here in Las Vegas. It sold out quick. All of mine are gone. I would like to find some @ $4 a bottle.

I realize that $4 is not a realistic price but I felt lucky to get it. I just don’t understand the mania on eBay over it and the empty bottles. I see it listed several other places in CA for $12-$15!

At my local beer store here in Columbia, SC, they still have 3 or 4 cases on the floor for $9.99. I go in there about once a week and they are barely moving. This store is the largest beer and wine store in SC, so they must of got a bunch in. They did get a couple of cases of each variety that sold out in Black Friday. I went to a store in Myrtle Beach SC on black Friday and purchased 2 bottles. They got 1 case. I may go buy a few more bottles just to keep and be able to compare for the next decade. Lol

Back