• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Virginia FS: 95% Complete eHERMS System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopsichord

Reaction score
Selling a 95% Complete Brutus 10 eHERMS System with Mostly New Components in Richmond/DC/Charlottesville -- $2,250

It pains me to do this, but…

Over the last year and a half or so, I wanted to get serious about brewing (including a paid membership then to HomeBrewTalk) and have been piecing together a Brutus 10 eHERMS system. But with the arrival of our first child this past January and struggling to find time to do high-priority things, much less low-priority things, I don’t see me being able to brew for the foreseeable future, and I don’t want this to just sit for who knows how long before it can be used. So I’m selling it, and I REALLY DON’T WANT TO PART IT OUT OR SHIP IT. I know many of you will have many of the pieces, but I don’t have the time to sell anything independently. I’ve got nearly $3,500 in the system and am asking for $2,250.

Here’s what I have, plus a few odds and ends:

Prep
Monster Mill 3 – New
Hanna Instruments stir plate, magnets – Used
Digital scale (Ozeri Precision Pro, 12lb capacity) – New

Hot Side
30a Control panel (Electric Brewing Supply), 3 PID + Timer, 2 elements controlled, alarms, etc. (95% assembled and wired) – New
3 15g kettles w/lids, thermos, 2pc ball valves, 1 false bottom (heavy duty; 2 Polar Ware, 1 MoreBeer tri-clad) – Used
Punches for ports (3 -- 13/16", 1 1/4", 9/16") – New
5500W element kit (2, The Electric Brewery) – New
Stainless HERMS coil (50'x1/2"x.035OD) – New
Chugger Pump stainless, center inlet (2) – New
Quick release fittings, other fittings, etc. (~90% complete) – New
Pyscho Chiller counterflow chiller – New
Copper chiller, 50 feet – Used
2 bazooka screens – New
Refractometer – New

Cold Side
Two refrigerators in good shape
Inkbird dual stage temperature controller w/12" probe – New
2 ball lock corny kegs – Used
24 EZ cap bottles – New
Greensitory Large Heat Pad (20" x 40") – New
Carboy thermowell 12" – New
Aeration stone (2) – 1 New, 1 Used
Carboy handle – New

Other
Brewer's Best Deluxe Equipment Kit (w/5G glass carboy) – New

There’s a very little wiring left to do on the control panel, and I believe it’s mostly for the temperature probe cords, if my memory serves me correctly. The wires inside will need to be cable tied (I’ve waited until it’s finished). The box needs another coat of paint because of some tape marks—you may want to paint it a different color, of course. I’ve followed Electric Brewing Supply’s instructions extremely carefully in wiring it; however, I can’t guarantee that it will work when it’s first plugged in.

The system just needs the extra ports drilled and assembled, a few more fittings/ball valves, some silicone tubing, a hopper for the mill, and some other small things here and there that I can remember. Otherwise, it’s very, very close to being complete and ready to brew.

I’ll also throw in the 30A Siemens GFCI double pole breaker and 100 feet of 10/3 wire that I got to connect it to the electric panel.

We’re near Richmond/Charlottesville and a couple of hours away from DC.

Please feel free to PM me for more information and with any questions, except lowball offers and if I’ll part it out or ship it. I'm happy to share details, more pics, etc.

Thanks for looking!
Jon

P1000600.jpg

P1000601.jpg

P1000602.jpg

P1000603.jpg

Jon, I will be keeping an eye on this post. I am in Georgia, but currently living in my RV waiting to close on a house next month. If this is still available, I will be contacting you again.

Kolin (OldGoat)

Dropping the price to $2,000. Hoping to find a good home for this system. Thanks!

Selling a 95% Complete Brutus 10 eHERMS System with Mostly New Components in Richmond/DC/Charlottesville -- $2,250

It pains me to do this, but…

Over the last year and a half or so, I wanted to get serious about brewing (including a paid membership then to HomeBrewTalk) and have been piecing together a Brutus 10 eHERMS system. But with the arrival of our first child this past January and struggling to find time to do high-priority things, much less low-priority things, I don’t see me being able to brew for the foreseeable future, and I don’t want this to just sit for who knows how long before it can be used. So I’m selling it, and I REALLY DON’T WANT TO PART IT OUT OR SHIP IT. I know many of you will have many of the pieces, but I don’t have the time to sell anything independently. I’ve got nearly $3,500 in the system and am asking for $2,250.

Here’s what I have, plus a few odds and ends:

Prep
Monster Mill 3 – New
Hanna Instruments stir plate, magnets – Used
Digital scale (Ozeri Precision Pro, 12lb capacity) – New

Hot Side
30a Control panel (Electric Brewing Supply), 3 PID + Timer, 2 elements controlled, alarms, etc. (95% assembled and wired) – New
3 15g kettles w/lids, thermos, 2pc ball valves, 1 false bottom (heavy duty; 2 Polar Ware, 1 MoreBeer tri-clad) – Used
Punches for ports (3 -- 13/16", 1 1/4", 9/16") – New
5500W element kit (2, The Electric Brewery) – New
Stainless HERMS coil (50'x1/2"x.035OD) – New
Chugger Pump stainless, center inlet (2) – New
Quick release fittings, other fittings, etc. (~90% complete) – New
Pyscho Chiller counterflow chiller – New
Copper chiller, 50 feet – Used
2 bazooka screens – New
Refractometer – New

Cold Side
Two refrigerators in good shape
Inkbird dual stage temperature controller w/12" probe – New
2 ball lock corny kegs – Used
24 EZ cap bottles – New
Greensitory Large Heat Pad (20" x 40") – New
Carboy thermowell 12" – New
Aeration stone (2) – 1 New, 1 Used
Carboy handle – New

Other
Brewer's Best Deluxe Equipment Kit (w/5G glass carboy) – New

There’s a very little wiring left to do on the control panel, and I believe it’s mostly for the temperature probe cords, if my memory serves me correctly. The wires inside will need to be cable tied (I’ve waited until it’s finished). The box needs another coat of paint because of some tape marks—you may want to paint it a different color, of course. I’ve followed Electric Brewing Supply’s instructions extremely carefully in wiring it; however, I can’t guarantee that it will work when it’s first plugged in.

The system just needs the extra ports drilled and assembled, a few more fittings/ball valves, some silicone tubing, a hopper for the mill, and some other small things here and there that I can remember. Otherwise, it’s very, very close to being complete and ready to brew.

I’ll also throw in the 30A Siemens GFCI double pole breaker and 100 feet of 10/3 wire that I got to connect it to the electric panel.

We’re near Richmond/Charlottesville and a couple of hours away from DC.

Please feel free to PM me for more information and with any questions, except lowball offers and if I’ll part it out or ship it. I'm happy to share details, more pics, etc.

Thanks for looking!
Jon

Back