frozen hell

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hewnizit

Reaction score
OK I was running through all the posts here and was thinking of a peppermint capcisumel. I think a 1gal test batch is where I am gonna go with this. Any help with amounts and ingredient?

hewnizit said:
OK I was running through all the posts here and was thinking of a peppermint capcisumel. I think a 1gal test batch is where I am gonna go with this. Any help with amounts and ingredient?

I think that a jalapeño would be good for this, and I would probably use a peppermint extract for the peppermint flavoring unless you have a peppermint plant growing in your garden. I have never made a capcisumel so I can't give you amounts but I will be subscribed .

Ok, well my suggestion is to make it as a traditional, then add spearmint, rather than peppermint as its less harsh, to the level of "mintiness" required (probably a good time to back sweeten as well), then use chopped chilli to the level required - habaneros, probably as you don't likely want it too hot but the alcohol will strip out all the capsaicin as its a fatty alkaloid and dissolves in easily. Start with, say 2 or 3 chillies per gallon.....

Well as far as the spearmint goes.... I cant stand the stuff... the other idea sounds good as for the hell part if the name:)

I'd guess 1 habenero pepper, sliced, frozen & thawed, I'd leave the pith & seeds out. You might be able to use cracked black peppercorns instead of the habenero for the heat. Habenero is a bit fruitier but the black is more generic; 2 tablespoons dried & crushed peppermint leaves, or 1 tablespoon of fresh, bruised/crushed peppermint leaves. You can make a "teabag" of sorts to keep the fruit/spice contained & easily removable once your desired flavour level has been reached. Weigh it down with a sanitized marble or 2.
Regards, GF.

Back