Fridge or Freezer for Homebrew Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pie_Man

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am looking for a fridge or freezer (or several) for potential use at my club's homebrew competition. Our current venue for the competition does not have refrigeration on site, so our club rents a refrigerated truck for the weekend, which is pretty convenient, but also fairly expensive.

I am looking for something that could store about 300-400 beers. Ideally, the beer could be stored in six pack holders and easily organized. Stacking the beers on top of one another is undesirable as we don't want to break any bottles. It's also preferrable that the unit be transported relatively easily. I have no issues wiring up a temp controller.

Any particular make and model you recommend? I am hoping other clubs have ran into this issue and have some advice. Thanks in advance.

I would recommend yall keep an eye on restaurant auction websites, like this one: www.rciauctions.com .

They will regularly have nice fridges that would fit the bill perfectly for what you want. Just make sure you have somebody check it out ahead of time to make sure anything you bid on actually works.

Depending on your budget and timeframe, I say look for a used bottle cooler like you find in grocery stores. Its your typical fridge but has the shelf's and slots for organizing ONLY bottles. You can give each type of beer its own slot. I have no idea what they hold, doubt its 300-400 bottle but you could get a couple of them.. I just personally dont see a household fridge or freezer being efficient for this type of storage and organization.

Back