• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New York Fresh Roast SR500 Coffee Roaster - Canandaigua, NY $110

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pshankstar

BIAB Homebrewer & Coffee Roaster
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I’m selling my Fresh Roast SR500 fluid bed air coffee roaster. I purchased it new in December 2017 and used it till December 2018. Since then I have upgraded to a larger roaster and this one has been sitting on the shelf. Instead of collecting dust I figured I should try to sell it so someone else can enjoy the hobby of roasting their own coffee.
I have the original box and manual with the roaster. It’s been well taken care of and works without any issues. There is one small chip on the lid but it doesn’t affect the roasters performance.
I’m asking $110 for the roaster which includes shipping. I’ll be happy to include a pound of green coffee beans with the roaster too. It depends on what beans I have on hand at the time of the sale.
If you have any questions please let me know. Thanks!
IMG_4486.JPG

IMG_4487.JPG

IMG_4488.JPG

IMG_4489.JPG

IMG_4490.JPG

IMG_4491.JPG

Ooo man. I am a little over an hour away and would love to start roasting my own coffee! I will really have to think about it.

Ooo man. I am a little over an hour away and would love to start roasting my own coffee! I will really have to think about it.

Sounds good! This roasted set me down another rabbit hole of hobbies. [emoji6]
If you ever come for one of the Other Half releases up here again I’m only 7 minutes away.

THAT is exactly why I'm trying really hard not to want this
HAHA An old coworker of mine roasted his own beans and I was so interested in learning to roast but I was going back to school at night, working full time and had a new born. Fast forward 8 years later, I'm in a different job, working from home when I don't travel, kids are older, done with school and kind of forgot about roasting. Then at a home brew club event @Ruint brought some home roasted coffee for the early morning brew day. I forgot how good it was and I was hooked. Months later I bought this Fresh Roast roaster and never looked back!
So I blame Bill (old coworker) to getting coffee roasting on my radar years ago. I also blame @Ruint for pushing me over the edge to start roasting! HAHA Anyhow, I really enjoy it, my wife loves it too but not the smell just like brewing. I will tell you though, you will never look at coffee the same way once you go down this path.
Now that I have said that, someone here will want to venture down that road too! I'm just here to help them start that journey. ;)

Anyhow, I really enjoy it, my wife loves it too but not the smell just like brewing. I will tell you though, you will never look at coffee the same way once you go down this path.

Unfortunately, I'm really the only one that likes coffee. The wife and daughter like heavily sweetened, flavored creamer with a splash of coffee (basically.)

Unfortunately, I'm really the only one that likes coffee. The wife and daughter like heavily sweetened, flavored creamer with a splash of coffee (basically.)

I’m in the same boat I like my coffee black. My wife was the same as your wife and daughter but now she’s cut back on how much milk & sweeter she uses. I even gave her a travel mug of coffee black, she drank it and loved it without knowing. So there’s always hope, especially if you go down this road. [emoji6]

Let's see...
I love baking, make rum, homemade cheese, cure and shred tobacco and just getting into brewing...
Coffee seems a likely progression :)
Yes it does! Although I haven't gotten into rum, cheese or tobacco. But the cheese intrigues me, I'm not going to lie. But I hardly fish, so I need to stop picking up more hobbies and do more fishing when the weather's nice. :)

Cheesemaking is pretty easy... tricky bit is making it GOOD cheese.
You just reminded me I have to run out to farm and pull a flat off of my boat trailer.

Alright, I'll bite. Sending PM
Figure it's the only way to get better beans, cheaper. Am I right, or is this equivalent to the cost saving of homebrewing?
Regardless, salivating.

Alright, I'll bite. Sending PM
Figure it's the only way to get better beans, cheaper. Am I right, or is this equivalent to the cost saving of homebrewing?
Regardless, salivating.

Responded to your PM.

Now it is sold to @EazyMcBreazy!

Last edited:
I started with an air popcorn popper that was already sitting in a kitchen cabinet.

The first hit, err roaster, was free!
Haha, I am not sure I am ready to take the road you have traveled, yet...

Back