• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Utah Spike 20g 3 vessel Electric System BCS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

couchsending

Reaction score
I’ve opened my brewery so this system is just collecting dust and needs to find a new home.

It’s maybe 6 years old but actually has very little use. I purchased it from someone who had never homebrewed before but clearly had too much money. He never even set it up. I purchased it in 2018 and it sat in my garage until I could get a basement renovation complete. Finally put it into service last November. I brewed 27 batches on it in total.

Upgraded the counter flow chiller to stainless to eliminate the stripping of volatile hop compounds by the copper chiller that came with it. Also added a Blichmann sparge arm to reduce HSA from the crappy Spike sparge setup.

Constantly 83ish percent mash efficiency.

Panel has a BCS460 for control. I’m not very tech savvy and could easily figure out how to set it up and control everything from my iphone or laptop.

There’s only one pump in the picture but the other will be included.

New these run around $5500 from Spike. Hoping to get $3000 for this setup.

It’s in awesome shape and has been used sparingly.

Table and Hood not included.

I’d rather not ship this but if I have to I can probably fit it all on a pallet and ship It via freight. Buyer pays actual cost of the freight.

I’ll be selling a bunch more gear in the next month. 7g Chronicals, Grainfather, etc, etc.

48785079-369E-4BC7-B356-F25C90D3B153.jpeg

Seems like a good price. I’m too far for the big items. I believe you mentioned having an Oktober can sealer - you selling it using at the brewery?

Let me know if you got my PM, got the ok to purchase a system from the wife and would like to decide on one soon before she decides otherwise! :)

Let me know if you got my PM, got the ok to purchase a system from the wife and would like to decide on one soon before she decides otherwise! :)

Yup I did, sorry man. 2 full time jobs and the holidays have me maxed a little bit. I’ll shoot you some photos in the next two days

Back