Fresh fruit flavor second fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kad8830

Reaction score
I like to add fresh fruit for my second fermentation. My questions is, how long can I keep the fruit fermenting? I typically like to do a week for my second fermentation to get it nice and fizzy, but the books I have read say to ferment with fresh fruit 2-days tops. Does anyone have any experience going longer?

I read somewhere that you can add flavoring, strain it after a few days, then continue fermenting for fizz. I will probably do this but wanted to see if there are any good suggestions. Also if you have any additional favorite flavors, let me know! My most successful batches have been apples and blueberries. Thanks!

I've tried: strawberries, cherries, raspberries, blueberries, plums and grapes. All of them turned out quite nice.
I do a secondary fermentation with the fruit in a different jar. After 1-3 weeks the fruit is removed and the kombucha gets bottled.

I nutribullet - ed this and have had it in my secondary carboy since 10/12. I'm think 12 days then I'm straining and bottling

1413574293869.jpg

Back