Freezer and keg clearance?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine only take up another inch. You have plenty of room.

Hello,
I have this on order http://www.homebrewing.org/5-Gallon...icnic-Tap-New-AIH-Cornelius-Keg-1_p_5121.html

I found a chest freezer for 75. the inside clearance is 29" with the top closed. These kegs are 25" but how about the ball lock lines? Will I have enough clearance without hitting the lid?
Thanks so much

Make sure you're measuring the clearance from the inside. My keezer top has a section that extends down below the lip of the collar. That is, the clearance inside is actually about an inch below the top of the collar.

This actually forced me to change the way I do my gas distribution. I have a nice dual gauge manifold type system that fits just perfectly on the back wall of my collar. Except...the top of the gauges are just about level with the top of the collar. That means the lid of the keezer presses down on the gauges when closed.

I had to remove that and put in a distribution manifold on the inside connected to a different regulator. All because the lid to the keezer protrudes down below the collar.

keezerlidprotrude.jpg

Thanks guys. I guess I should go look and measure the freezer before purchasing it. The owner let me know the inside clearance is 29"

The chest freezer is perfect. I can close the lid on a keg and a 20# CO2 tank. I can fit 6 kegs in there! I only have one!

The chest freezer is perfect. I can close the lid on a keg and a 20# CO2 tank. I can fit 6 kegs in there! I only have one!

Yeah, I'm sure that's all you'll ever have is one. :)

So what temp is a good temp for storage and dispensing of keg beer?

What temp do you like it at? I like my beer a little colder, others might like 42 degrees. Try 40 or 39 and see how you like it.

That's the beauty of this--you control it, you get what you like.

Back