Free "whats on tap" software.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ragman

Reaction score
Looking for a free program to display my taplist. Doesnt need all the integrations as I dont have plato or anything.
I have a monitor above my keezer and just thought it would be cool to display whats on tap. If I like the app I may consider getting a Plato setup and integrating and paying the fee. Just want something to display for now.

ANyone know of any free ones? I tried Tapitgood which is nice but I would like a little more customization options.

Thanks,

There was a thing called Raspberry pints. I tried to get it working, was not happy (because I failed), and I went the pay route (taplist.io). Funny, Taplist.io WAS free, but they went the pay route. Then I won a year subscription. I'll keep paying, it does work well.

1666739007327.png

I also used to use raspberry pints, and am back to a chalkboard. Raspberry pints, at least in my installation, would periodically fail, requiring a new installation or a restore from a backup. I think the database was getting corrupted, but I'm not sure.

I use raspberry pints and love it.

I tried a manual install, didn't work out so good, then I found the installer script.
The installer script works great, easy-peasy, sit back and let it run.

I use raspberry pints and love it.

I tried a manual install, didn't work out so good, then I found the installer script.
The installer script works great, easy-peasy, sit back and let it run.
Also using RaspberryPints. Have implemented flow meters to monitor capacity and digital temperature sensor to display serving temp.

I haven't tried this yet but I've ordered an Amazon fire stick and will give it a go as soon as it arrives. It has both free and subscription options but the free version seems to have everything I need.

https://taplist.io/
Found out about it when I ran across this video...

I haven't tried this yet but I've ordered an Amazon fire stick and will give it a go as soon as it arrives. It has both free and subscription options but the free version seems to have everything I need.

I use it. See post #2 above. I used a 13" OLED display (didn't want a big TV for it) and a firestick, as you are going to do, and it works well.

1674696360502.png

Here's what's on tap right now...

1674696405353.png

This one. I'm using the free version of Taplist.io (free for up to 4 taps). I just set up a Raspberry Pi to boot directly to a full-screen webpage. All the set up and tap changes are done from another computer.
IMG_20221230_214511467.jpg

This one. I'm using the free version of Taplist.io (free for up to 4 taps). I just set up a Raspberry Pi to boot directly to a full-screen webpage. All the set up and tap changes are done from another computer.
View attachment 811069

Nice. Some Q's:
- How did you get rid of the "powerd by taplist.io" stuff at the bottom?
- How did you get the list to display horizontally instead of vertically?
- How did you get rid of the semi-transparent box that normally surrounds each beer listing?

ETA: I haven't paired with a display yet, so if that's the answer can you please just confirm that you indeed created that layout/look with the free version? TIA!

Last edited:
Nice. Some Q's:
- How did you get rid of the "powerd by taplist.io" stuff at the bottom?
- How did you get the list to display horizontally instead of vertically?
- How did you get rid of the semi-transparent box that normally surrounds each beer listing?

ETA: I haven't paired with a display yet, so if that's the answer can you please just confirm that you indeed created that layout/look with the free version? TIA!
Yes, it's the free version
1. I don't know why the "powered by taplist.io" isn't in that photo. I hadn't noticed. It is there, though. I just double checked. You can't turn that off. A strip of black electrical tape would work.
2. In the display settings, Landscape/Portrait orientation is the very first option.
3. Semi-transparent box: I think it's under Layout, Card Style = None.

Yes, it's the free version
1. I don't know why the "powered by taplist.io" isn't in that photo. I hadn't noticed. It is there, though. I just double checked. You can't turn that off. A strip of black electrical tape would work.
2. In the display settings, Landscape/Portrait orientation is the very first option.
3. Semi-transparent box: I think it's under Layout, Card Style = None.

Thanks! As I kind of suspected, it seems like there are layout options that are only available after pairing a device, which I suppose makes some sense.

Update: It appears the "powered by..." comes and goes. I've walked by it a couple of times this week and noticed it wasn't there. Then it would come back. I don't know if that's intentional or a bug, but there you go.

Just got a firestick and loaded Taplist.io. This picture is lousy, but I like the actual display. And installing/configuring was orders of magnitude easier and faster than Raspberry Pints.

WwgVgYB.jpg

Last edited:
After the first package getting lost in shipping I finally ordered another Amazon Fire Stick. It arrived today and I got everything set up on Taplist.io. It took longer for the Fire Stick to perform all of its initial updates than it did to set up the tap list... although you can spend a lot of time playing with the layouts, fonts, images, etc. Now I just have to mount the TV I'm going to use to the wall.

Attachments

• taplistio.jpg
    taplistio.jpg
    844 KB · Views: 0
Until recently, I had a part time job building mall kiosks. For the display tvs, we'd plug in a USB stick with a pre-loaded video made on powerpoint. Super simple if you have access to PP. Just create a slideshow, set it to repeat and save as a video to the USB. It will play on any monitor/TV that has a USB input.

Well no, not any TV with a USB input... I am using an older Sanyo and while it has USB inputs it will only display still images. I can display a slide show from those images but not any form of video. Plus with Taplist.io I can change the display from any internet connected devise and don't have to physically remove, update, and replace a memory stick.

Looking for a free program to display my taplist. Doesnt need all the integrations as I dont have plato or anything.
I have a monitor above my keezer and just thought it would be cool to display whats on tap. If I like the app I may consider getting a Plato setup and integrating and paying the fee. Just want something to display for now.

ANyone know of any free ones? I tried Tapitgood which is nice but I would like a little more customization options.

Thanks,
I’m also researching this. I’m willing to pay up to $30/year, which i think is where tap list.io is, but free would be better. My constraint is a very old iPad in kiosk mode will be my dedicated display. So I’ll set it up on a MacBook/iPad Pro, but display it on the old iPad mounted to the wall in the bar. I’m leaning towards trying tapinto free version, and if i can make the display work on the iPad (a simple screenshot is totally fine, just need the display), I’d pay for the Brewfather integration. Raspberry pints appears to be a time suck in configuration, but maybe it’s easy peasy as display. Tap list.io also an option, but it wont run on my old iPad. I’d have to try it out as a screenshot, and have to pay $40 to try it. I want easy, plug and play, don’t care about the best customization, don’t care about keg levels/flow meters/instrumentation, Brewfather integration would be a nice feature. I read some other threads about tapinto being not so well supported. I’d consider the chalkboard, but i have the handwriting of a 3 year old, so digital is cleaner.

I’m also researching this. I’m willing to pay up to $30/year, which i think is where tap list.io is, but free would be better. My constraint is a very old iPad in kiosk mode will be my dedicated display. So I’ll set it up on a MacBook/iPad Pro, but display it on the old iPad mounted to the wall in the bar. I’m leaning towards trying tapinto free version, and if i can make the display work on the iPad (a simple screenshot is totally fine, just need the display), I’d pay for the Brewfather integration. Raspberry pints appears to be a time suck in configuration, but maybe it’s easy peasy as display. Tap list.io also an option, but it wont run on my old iPad. I’d have to try it out as a screenshot, and have to pay $40 to try it. I want easy, plug and play, don’t care about the best customization, don’t care about keg levels/flow meters/instrumentation, Brewfather integration would be a nice feature. I read some other threads about tapinto being not so well supported. I’d consider the chalkboard, but i have the handwriting of a 3 year old, so digital is cleaner.
You could also get a changeable letter board for anywhere from $15 to $35.

https://www.amazon.com/WIWAPLEX-16-...refix=changeable+letter+board,aps,165&sr=8-29

Pourwall has been working pretty well for me. Completely free. The formatting the layout can be a little clunky but it’s not bad. I use it on a cheap fire stick with an extra tv. I’ll try posting a picture

Pourwall has been working pretty well for me. Completely free. The formatting the layout can be a little clunky but it’s not bad. I use it on a cheap fire stick with an extra tv. I’ll try posting a picture
I had just played with the fonts and new background so it doesn’t look the greatest. However, after reading this thread, I am playing around with taplist.io again

Attachments

• 87BB26A9-A43B-4930-A08B-8B0D578A55D3.jpeg
    87BB26A9-A43B-4930-A08B-8B0D578A55D3.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
I've been using the free version of Taplist.io and though it has limited functionality, it works for me. We only use it when we have guests over for the "coolness" factor.

Back