Free (for most) Newcastle Glass.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got mine yesterday - it has a small but deep chip in the side :( It still feels smooth on the inside but I dont think it will last too long.....

Mine arrived last week - I was surprised at the packaging - just a cardboard box with some fancy folds to suspend the glass - I felt I was fortunate that it wasn't broken, considering the condition some of my mail arrives in... Not bad for the cost of a stamp, though.

I sent for mine a week or so before this thread was posted here... still have not received it.
sadbanana.gif

sadbanana.gif
sadbanana.gif
:ban::ban:

I got mine today - exactly 11 weeks after ordering... I guess they were not kidding about that "Allow 10-12 weeks for delivery" thing.

My wife was kind enough to pass along a picture as proof that it actually showed up - she knows how much I love free stuff.
2010081010003360.jpg

Are people still getting glasses or did they run out? If the 11 week delivery is right, I still have a couple weeks to wait :(

I just got my first one on saturday. It could be my wishful thinking but I believe that it makes the beer better than from when I was drinking out of a straight glass.

Don't have mine either. Wondering if certain states aren't getting them or something. Or if my mail-lady is stealing my mail... Considering most of us on this street are missing at least one piece of mail we were expecting, I'm pretty sure it is a possibility.

I'm from VT so I don't get the handy "virtual caps". Never had Newcastle, not sure if I want to go buy some just to get the glass....

Never? Let me have the honor of suggesting that you try some next opportunity you have - it is nothing short of nectar to me...

Never? Let me have the honor of suggesting that you try some next opportunity you have - it is nothing short of nectar to me...

Newcastle is allright. I may have experienced skunky bottles. I still can't understand why they don't use brown bottles. It is like a bunch of rookies run that place.

I got my first glass that I ordered not long after this thread popped up, but am waiting for my second that I put in for a few weeks later.

I never buy the newcastle at the front of the rack in the frig, closest to the florescent tubes. I will pull out the 3rd or 4th in line to avoid the skunk sixer. For some reason it and anything else in clear/green bottles are always the beer right next to the lamps.:confused:

Got mine today!
Just over 11 weeks...

Oh, and thanks to the OP for letting us in on the opportunity!
I wonder how many glasses this forum was responsible for?

Has anyone else not received their glass yet? I believe that I sent in my stuff in July some time so it has been well over the 11 weeks. Wonder if they ran out or something.

RJ...do you remember when you sent in the forms? Just curious to see if anyone received the glass that sent in the stuff in after July.

I don't remember when I sent mine in, but it has been a couple of months or more. I sent the virtual caps, because I won't buy beer in clear bottles.

The links on the first page are dead now so thats a good sign that the promotion is over. I sent my stuff back in August so we'll see if I get anything. Maybe they are biased against people who sent in virtual caps!

The links on the first page are dead now so thats a good sign that the promotion is over. I sent my stuff back in August so we'll see if I get anything. Maybe they are biased against people who sent in virtual caps!

I was thinking the same thing...

eh, not exactly sure when i sent it but was around end of july beginning of august.
if i get one I'll post it up on here....

I'm noticing a pattern here. All of the people complaining about not getting a glass are from Ohio. Could just be a coincidence, that or they just hate Ohioans.

The person opening the envelopes must not have received the memo that bottle caps were not needed from Ohioans. Read you f***ing TPS reports people! /endrant

guess I was too late to get in on this. Hope other brewers give away glasses! Please post any other "freebies" you might see, FREE is good!

I emailed New Castle customer service and received the below reply. It looks like there still is a chance that we will receive these later this year.

Dear :

Thank you for your recent email message. Due to high volume there may be some delays in the receiving of the glass. We are expecting to ship out the remainder of the glasses in early December.

Thank you for your interest in Heineken USA.

Kind Regards,

Heineken USA Consumer Affairs

I sent one for a buddy in PA (no caps required) and he got it pretty quickly. The very next day I sent 6 caps as required for NJ for myself and haven't gotten a thing. I'm not hopeful.

I hope that reply from their customer service means that they haven't run out. I sent in my Vcaps in September and haven't seen any glass yet.

Back