Franken Blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arch1tect

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I brewed up an Amarillo Blonde Ale and had about 2 gallons left over. So I semi-sanitized my 3 gallon better bottle and dumped it in there with about a 1/2 lb of unboiled DME and an oz of amarillo. I then left it unplugged for it's fermentation and stuck it in my basement. After about 3 weeks it smelled delicious and looked amazing. So we decided to sour it.

This past weekend a brew buddy and I brewed. We made about 16 gallons, 10 of which were his oatmeal stout and 5 of which were my porter. We had time and water so we decided to parti-gyle our grains. He does BIAB and I have a 70qt mash-tun so he just dumped the grains in my tun and we mashed it all in there. The hop schedule was on the fly with a mix of simcoe, amarillo, and cascade.

After the boil we were chilling everything and ourselves as it was only 20F at this time. Left with about a gallon of the parti-gyle we added it to the Blonde added some brett and lacto and whatever loose hops I had. Here is a quick video the day after the brew day. The Franken Blonde is the first showing. The only reason there is foil on it, is because of the fan I use to keep the temps down was blowing the smell all over the basement.

[youtube]IH-fqUCscy0[/youtube]

Back