FOX to emasculate Futurama

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit of clarification-
20th Century Fox TV (a production company) is the group trying to recast the voices. FOX (a TV network) has nothing to do with that (or with Futurama at this point). Comedy Central has a deal with 20th Century to produce new episodes.

I also won't watch if they recast. Hopefully the upcoming panel at ComicCon will set them straight on the feeling of the fans.

Terje

A bit of clarification-
20th Century Fox TV (a production company) is the group trying to recast the voices. FOX (a TV network) has nothing to do with that (or with Futurama at this point). Comedy Central has a deal with 20th Century to produce new episodes.

I also won't watch if they recast. Hopefully the upcoming panel at ComicCon will set them straight on the feeling of the fans.

Terje

the connection just didn't seem to happen for me until after I hit the reply button. :drunk:

and how could they possibly replace Billy west. He does the voices of Fry, the Professor, Dr. Zoidberg, Zap Branigan . . .

There is word that this is just a power move to try and get the cast to accept the lower wages that comedy central are offering. Put out a casting call and show them that they are all repalceable, mean while the excubots pray to all things holy that they don't ACTUALLY have to recast anybody.

I had no idea it was coming back! I'm delighted! :D

If they recast, I am pissed!! :(

Good news everyone! LGI has discovered his new duality!

goodneweveryone.jpg

It's like when Nickelodeon sold Doug to Disney and they started airing it on ABC. New production staff, new voices, extremely noticeable decline in quality.

Looks like 20CF slashed the production budget on Futurama and that's why they couldn't afford to hire on West, Sagal, DiMaggio et al. I mean, I'm happy that Fox was smart enough to realize Futurama was worth bringing back... I'm just not sure why they think that it isn't worth doing well.

The cast asked for something like 10 times what they were making before.

This is how hollywood works: actors ask for to much $$ and the studios say they will recast and then they work something out.

Same thing happened on the Simpsons a year or two ago.
It will most likely work out fine.

The cast asked for something like 10 times what they were making before.

This is how hollywood works: actors ask for to much $$ and the studios say they will recast and then they work something out.

Same thing happened on the Simpsons a year or two ago.
It will most likely work out fine.

that is, unless the Simpson cast gets hired for futurama ...... Homer=Bender

Back