Found dad's homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SightListener

Reaction score
I am new here and not a homebrewer, though I am interested. I wanted to tell someone that I found 24 bottles of beer at my dad and mom's house, packed away in a closet.
They are room temperature. Myself and another person drank one and it tasted good! Kind of like an Irish red flavor to me (a Killian's maybe). My brother wanted one and I
chilled it, after doing so I noticed a ring around the neck of it, so I don't know if it altered the taste or not when I chilled it...and I don't know if he tried it yet (I will find out).
What makes this so amazing is that the beer was brewed about 12 years ago...(don't really know) It says Hooch Beer on the tops. I don't know the history of it, though I wish
I did because my dad died 10 years ago and my mom doesn't know anything about his processes in regards to his homebrewing...just saying...12+ year beer!

Very cool story. Sentimentally they may get better with time, but their flavor will not. If they taste good now, drink ‘em up.

cry.gif

Great story! I'd save a bottle or two for sentimental reasons but enjoying them and thinking about your dad would be good too.

I have the bottle capper my dad used for his homebrewing. It sits on my back bar. I wish I had a bottle of his beer to put in it.

Back