found by the dumpster what do i have?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deantheking101

Reaction score
Like i said i found this by my dumpster. There is air in the tank and the fridge is very dirty but works. So basically what do i have here, is it worth keeping and what else do i need to complete it so i can keg my own beer.

IMG357.jpg

keep it! that's kegerator with what looks like maybe a sankey fitting. you'll have to modify it a bit to use the standard corney keg that we all use for homebrewing or use as is for commercial kegs.

lucky!

Clean the ****e out of it, sanitize, replace the tube and test the fridge for a couple days.
Only in freakin LA would you find a discarded kegerator just sitting by a dumpster...

Very nice find! You found about 300.00. You might want to take the tank down and have it refilled with C02.

If the fridge works you are a lucky man. I'd do a quick test on the seals of the fridge and replace the serving lines. You will have a nice single tower kegerator for about 100.00.

You either have an incredible amount of luck or, a dumpster diving fetish.

Either way you should clean and sanitize that equipment and donate it immediately so as your condition does not worsen.

So this is setup for 15.5 commercial kegs? If so can i just get a 15.5 gallon keg fill it with home brew, replace the lines, and clean it. is that it? do i need anything else?

I would take it apart completely, inspect the seals, and clean the chrome faucet. Also, plug it in and make sure it gets cold

So this is setup for 15.5 commercial kegs? If so can i just get a 15.5 gallon keg fill it with home brew, replace the lines, and clean it. is that it? do i need anything else?

As long as the Tower has the necessary hoses and you can ferment 15 gallons you should be good to go.

Looks similar to the one I got for (almost) free, you even got the soaked particle board top too!

It looks very salvageable. Nice Find.

I replaced my top, lines, tap, and regulator.
One day, I will replace the door too.

I just had an orgasm...

Then I got extremely depressed you found that instead of me! Oh man, oh man, the endorphins are wearing off.

Mmmm Czech Pils....I'm happy again (gulp):ban:

You know, I was just thinking about starting a thread about things that I found in a dumpster and look at this, beaten to the punch AGAIN!!!!

Like the episode of Sunny in Philly when they find the dumpster baby?

Theif, just because it was next to a dumpster doesn't mean its garbage. My cousin was air drying it after cleaning the tower. I'll PM you my address, and i'd like it sent asap, or i'll call the proper authorities.

Like the episode of Sunny in Philly when they find the dumpster baby?

Haha great show...good episode too.

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is you might want to get the tank tested and have the reg looked at before filling it. The same welding shop should be able to test the tank for you. The reg looks pretty old and it is missing the high pressure gauge.

I personally would also let the gas out (outside). Air under pressure, if the tank is bad, could be a very bad thing.

Back