Found a TV wall mount that fits Kal's recommended enclosure without modification

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvklein

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
All metal, high quality and holds up to 88 lbs. The brackets extend an inch outside the enclosure but if that bothers you, you could always hack them off.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002TZUOC8/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

brewery1.jpg

brewery2.jpg

brewery3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a pretty good idea, I have a extra wall mount laying around her someplace now i know what I am going to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you might be able to loose the extra brackets and mount directly to the square plate. I suppose it all depends on the rigidity of the box. Nice find!

That is the perfect hardware for the task! With the changes in TV's to flat screens...those type of mounts are all over...I think I have 1 or 2 collecing dust.

I really like this idea as I am trying to figure out my mounting at this time.

Your pictures with the white wall and equipment made me think of my last hospital visit. I'll bet there is some good used equipment from the medical field that would work well with the building of a system. Would be nice to figure out where an outlet for that might be.

Looks like you might be able to loose the extra brackets and mount directly to the square plate. I suppose it all depends on the rigidity of the box. Nice find!

That's possible if you modify the enclosure before your build. Mine was already finished so I used the existing holes.

Interesting. Do you plan on trimming the extra arm arm?

I plan to use this mount with a piece of plywood in between the base and enclosure:

TV Mount

When building a control you could easily figure this in. The standards for wall mounts are below. I would think the 100X100 or 100X200 would be what you want to shoot for.

Hole Pattern followed by screw size

75 mm × 75 mm M4
100 mm × 100 mm M4
200 mm × 100 mm M4
200 mm × 200 mm M6, M8

I was thinking of doing this with my control panel as well but then I started thinking about pressing buttons on PIDs/switches/etc. Is there enough tension in the arm to keep the panel from pushing away from you when pushing buttons? It would be annoying to have the panel move when trying to work with it.

I had the same concerns. My hope was I could tighten it down enough to stiffen it up. Worst case, I put it against the wall.

Just a question, what advantage does this have as opposed to just screwing the control to the wall?

Edit: Never mind, now I see it swings out...

For my setup I am also using a swiveling wall mount. I purchased mine from Monoprice as I needed a bunch of cables as well. They have rock bottom prices and their stuff is generally really good quality.

This is the unit I purchased, only $28 and very sturdy.

Here is a picture of it mounted to my box/table:
HMI_mounting_arm.jpg

Back