Forgot to add apple cider flavoring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eadavis80

Reaction score
I brewed my first batch of cider - Brewer's Best kit - over a month ago. It went 2 weeks primary and has been in secondary now 3 weeks. However, I forgot to add the apple cider flavoring after fermentation was complete. My question is, since according to the directions, it says to add it after fermentation is complete, but to let it sit 48 hours prior to bottling for clarity purposes - can I just add it with my priming sugar solution at bottling time since my cider should be pretty clear after a 3-week primary. I had planned to bottle tomorrow morning and don't want to have to do it on a worknight. I would assume this cider flavoring is a lot like flavorings that are added to beer at bottling time, so I can't fathom it would be a problem to do it this way, but I am a cider making virgin. Thanks.

Because I have my cider split between a 5 gallon fermenter and a 1 gallon jug (actually probably like .67 of a gallon in the 1-gallon jug) and I don't want to mix up the ratio.

Back