Forgot my stopper, just racked, store closes tonight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smeltz

Reaction score
I just racked to secondary, but I forgot to buy a new stopper for the air lock of the second carboy of beer. Im doing my first 10gal batch, so I've never used a second carboy before..

Is there any temporary alternative for overnight until I can get a new stopper(bung)?

make sure the aluminum foil comes from the 25 ft roll or less.....if it's from anything longer, you will need to dump your brew. The longer rolls are infected.

Somebody in another thread recommended a condom with a pin prick in the tip.

Went ahead and doubled up with two Lifestyles on 'er. At least I know my IPA won't get sypillis if it's floating around my basement

I've always used a sandwich bag in a pinch. hell aluminum foil prolly works better as it can form closely to the carboy without a rubberband. id get the non lubed condoms if i ive went that way if i were you. damn this hef is kicking my azz im goofing up everything i type. cheers

Back