Forgot about a Carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

netsurf12

Reaction score
Long story short...

I brewed a Anchor Steam Clone and kind of forgot about it/got lazy....

It's been sitting in a carboy for a couple of months past the time I should have bottled it. It has not been sitting with an entire yeast cake, I siphoned it into this secondary after primary fermentation was finished.

I don't keg and I'd hate to go through the process of bottling and find out it was all for naught.

Should I bottle or toss it and brew a new batch?

There are several brewers on this site who keep a beer in secondary (or primary for that matter) for that long. Taste it. If you like what's going on bottle it. You should be fine. It may take longer to carb up since more of the yeast has probably fallen out of suspension, but it will get there.

There are several brewers on this site who keep a beer in secondary (or primary for that matter) for that long. Taste it. If you like what's going on bottle it. You should be fine. It may take longer to carb up since more of the yeast has probably fallen out of suspension, but it will get there.

indeed

The original amount of hop flavor might have mellowed a bit more than ideal but the beer will be good (assuming no infection or other problem)

BOTTLE IT! Never dump a beer without giving it a chance. Even big mistakes can turn into good beers given time.

Back