force carbonating while keg is tapped?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drummer4gc

Reaction score
Hello. I recently kegged my first beer. It has been sitting under pressure in my newly built kegerator for 5 days and I got impatient, so I just connected the beer line and poured a beer. Its good :) but not fully carbonated yet, clearly. My question is, will it continue to carbonate if I leave it alone with the beer line attached? Or, should I disconnect the beer line and let it sit? My guess is that it doesn't matter, but I just want to be on the safe side.

I do it all the time. As long as your connections don't have any leaks, you have nothing to worry about

Of course it matters!

With the beer line attached the keg will get drank long before it's fully carbed up. At least that's how it works in my fridge. :mug:

If you can resist the temptation, though, the others are right. The beer doesn't have the slightest clue whether you have a beer line attached, it'll just keep absorbing CO2 at the same rate either way.

Back