Force Carb Room Temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firerat

F-You I'm Drunk
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok pardon my newbness here.

I've been kegging for a bit but I've never force carbed, just primed.

But I'm getting tired of dumping the sediment filled first glass and always one to try new things, I want to try force carbing.

Unfortunately, my current set-up will only hold 1 keg at a time. I want drinking beer in there not carbing/conditioning/waiting for days or weeks beer!! Sad I know.

If I were to pressurize the keg to serving temp, then leave it at room temp for 2 weeks or so, would this work? Is there a way to calculate CO2 volume + temp + time? I've found a few calculators, but none mention time. Is time even a factor so long as I wait long enough?

Straighten me out oh wise ones oh the keg. I tried using Google to search but I'm confused.

I am not sure what you are asking, but if it is to leave a pressurized keg at room temp for 2 weeks then it will probably need around 30 psi to carb up. You will want to connect the gas a couple times a day, and it will probably take more like 3 weeks that way. Beer absorbs co2 into solution so gassing it once will not work.

You need to calculate psi for the temp it will be stored at, it will take a while as it will carb slower at higher temps. The only calculation for time is experience. You should see results in three weeks if you just set it and forget it.

Set it and forget it would certainly work, but seeing as I have 1 co2 tank, 1 regulator, and only enough room for 1 keg in my fridge, that means no beer on tap until we are all carbed up. Scary thought!!

Nevermind me. I figured out what I'm not taking into account.

If I presurize the keg to xx pressure, then disconnect, in a few day the pressure will come down because the co2 will absorb into the liquid, thus lowering the pressure. I would have to keep hitting it with more co2 over and over again.

Der.

Screw it. Until I get a bigger setup, sediment filled first glasses will be a part of life. No biggie.

Back