For the Evabarrier & DuoTight folks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I replicated that somewhat on a smaller scale. I re-drilled the holes to more center the valves on the board. I only have a need for three valves currently but can add one more if needed.
View attachment 760059
So I made some changes to my gas board, a couple times and at least one more tomorrow after I make a trip to the hardware store to acquire the right size screws to mount the valve and tee/elbow holders. From the original poster "khannon" I sent the link to my son-in-law and he printed me these:
IMG_2592.JPG
IMG_2592.JPG

I originally mounted the board inside the kegerator and now have it mounted on the wall behind the kegerator
IMG_2593.JPG

OK probably my last change until I add a fourth gauge/valve. In retrospect I'd space the components a little further apart to make it easier to get the EVA barrier tubing inserted, luckily it's pretty flexible. Someone commented about the locking clips, you can see them in the photo, makes me feel better knowing my gas is locked in. I lost a whole 5# tank of Co2 due to a leak.
IMG_2601.JPG

OK probably my last change until I add a fourth gauge/valve. In retrospect I'd space the components a little further apart to make it easier to get the EVA barrier tubing inserted, luckily it's pretty flexible. Someone commented about the locking clips, you can see them in the photo, makes me feel better knowing my gas is locked in. I lost a whole 5# tank of Co2 due to a leak.
View attachment 762685
Just out of curiosity, what purpose do those little clips serve when the distance between connectors is so short, there’s no possible way for them to come apart? I understand their function, but don’t see the necessity in your application.

I'm with @camonick, it's alot of security where it isn't necessary - nicely done tho!

Having said that, these clips look AMAZING for when you have "tee" duotight connections around the collar of a keezer, separated from one another for each keg (as I am planning to do).

Well it makes everything more stable. There's enough resistance turning on/off the valves everything flexes. And there's a third dimension the gauges are mounted with two screws "solid" the valves, tees, and elbows are floating, these little clips are screwed down and the components snap in "solid". It looks cool IMO and my son-in-law just got a cool 3D printer and was looking for something to practice on. So I sent him the link someone else on this forum posted and said I'd like these. He made them and it was free. That was enough for me.
I'd just like to get the Kegland digital gauges, but not available here YET.

Thought I'd dump this here. In the post today:
DSC_0396.JPG

I haven't been very impressed with the standard miniature pressure gauges generally. In terms of accuracy, they're a little bit shite. So I've potentially bought into being led up yet another garden path by accepting Kegland's latest claims about 'digital accuracy' and its awesomeness.

DSC_0402.JPG

Having slept on it, I woke up and realised digital tech is more susceptible to issues of '**** in **** out' than most tech, in reality 👈 I'm not too bothered about the radial o-ring stem/KL18388 version. It fits in nicely and looks cute.

DSC_0403.JPG

If it's even marginally more accurate and reliable, it's an improvement. But I've got issues with the duotight/KL18081 version. Unlike KL18388, it doesn't fit neatly into a recess and, due to a lack of cover, is exposed therefore not fit-for-purpose in a brewing environment.

DSC_0398.JPG

Not only that, but my initial plan to just have a convenient, minimalist means of double-checking pressure got scuppered. I wanted this:

DSC_0399.JPG

But I've opted for this:

DSC_0400.JPG

Why? The duotight disconnects just aren't uniformly compatible. They're great on Kegland's plastic post fittings and some stainless economy post fittings, but just not compatible universally with stainless posts, especially genuine AEB posts.

There are some serious QC issues going on here, with what seem to be variable prototypes and I suspect some 'awsome' new versions are likely to be on sale within months 🤨

Last edited:
The duotight disconnects just aren't uniformly compatible.
Thank You!! I've been on the fence about ordering a set, but I'm also intending to get some more AEB keg (I only have one of their 2.5G kegs but everything about it seems better fit and finish than my purchased-used 5G's) I've also been nervous about kegland's previous non-duotight ball lock disconnects, which though I didn't buy intentionally, one came with a kit I'd ordered and the disconnect arrived in pieces and I had an annoying time getting the ball bearings in place to snap it back together. I love a lot of the kegland stuff, but gotta remind myself it is built to a price point mostly for the budget-brewer.
Please post more later when you've a clear idea of thier accuracy. :bigmug:

I have a set of the Duotight ball locks. Pretty nice. I like how the adapter is eliminated between the line and disconnect. They seem to fit a bit tighter on the posts than the CMB disconnects. I like how they are universal (gas or beer posts) too.

I'll more than likely replace the other three taps, but it's not high on my upgrade list.

Back