for all u smokers out there

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GranillaNutz

Reaction score
i gotta give my wife credit for this one...
the cake she made for her dad was just damn good and she did a damn good job on it.
IMG_2946.jpg

IMG_2948.jpg

the cigars are tootsie rolls and the cake is made from Kahlua, chocolate mouse, and red velvet.
for the birthday meal, there was freshly cut steak that was black on the outside and bloody in the middle. flamed with wild turkey and hickory chunks. "bbq shrimp" (which never actually gets near a bbq pit.) the shrimp came from the coast of new orleans and the steak came from a farm in central louisiana.
for the steak:
quick marinade for bout 3 hrs at room temp with 2 shots of wild turkey, balsamic vineger and chopped onions with a lil bit of whatever kinda seasoning u find round ur kitchen.
the shrimp is cookd in a sauteed mixture of 2 lbs of butter with cellery, rosmary, onions, 3 lemmons, and garlic, and a good batch of an amber style homebrew (that's what the recipe from pascal's in new orleans called for).
both of which takes bout 15 minutes of cooking time, so a lot of running in and out of the house.
i would die a happy man with this as my last meal
swamp and turf ;)

fresh shrimp and fresh steak don't come round too often in the city... i don't like much about new orleans, but lord have mercy, i do love the fresh live stock :)
i managed to get some pics of the leftovers...
and as u can see... our cows are kinda small this year compared to the shrimp..
IMG_2959.jpg

Wow, I know this is an old thread but that looks like one hell of a birthday meal there.

Back