FNG from WI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerDoctor5

Reaction score
Newbie from WI here. This site has been a great resource in the few days I've been researching Home Brewing.

I got my PhD working on beta-amylase in barley and have yet to actually brew my own beer. I figure calling myself BeerDoctor without actually brewing beer is a bit presumptuous so I'm taking the dive and brewing my own:D

I haven't actually purchased all the equipment yet as I'm still in the process of researching. However, I did buy a 36qt SS stockpot so I'm committed now:rockin: Trying to figure out which kit to buy so I can start brewing ASAP. I'm filled with a bit of hubris due to working with barley malt and understanding the chemistry behind the process so I have to convince myself to start small when I want to go BIG. Ha! My first batch will probably be horrible:p

Thanks for answering all my future questions and I can't wait to start my journey.

Marcus

You're right. Put that sheep skin in your closet and let it collect dust. Get it out and dust it off when you need a job. Until then enjoy the real fruits of your labor. :) WELCOME no harm intended... cheers :mug:

Back