Flow control taps and line lenght

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONNYROTTEN

Reaction score
Is adjusting the flow control the same as adjusting line length?
Thinking of leaving the 4 ft lines the tower came with.I had around 10 ft line on my old setup.If I poured a few consecutive beers I would start to get no head.Im thinking with the flow control I can dial it down on the first few pours and dial it up as needed.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it is quite the same. All the flow restriction does is limit the amount of beer going through the faucet.
That being said, slowing down the amount that gets through can prevent some of the extra shaking of the beer, allowing you to adjust the amount of head on your beer slightly. I'm pretty happy with my 650s.

The 650ss can do exactly as what you are talking about. As long as the beer is carbonated to normal levels, you will be fine. I use 8 ft of 1/4" ID bev seal ultra which has really low restriction, and then adjust the flow at the faucet with the 650ss faucets.

I have a 650SS mounted directly onto a corny. I can turn the dial to get me anywhere from a full glass of head to absolutely zero head. Easy to dial in at the perfect amount. I have no tubing. Absolutely love it.

Ya,I went with the 4 ft 3/16 lines.After two days of trial Im getting perfect pours.Nice not having those long lines and slower pours.Should have gone this route a long time ago.

Back