Florida Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spyd3r

Reaction score
Just started brewing a couple of weeks ago. My first batch is a Brewers Best English Brown. Fermented in the bucket for a week, bottled, and currently aging in the closet waiting to be drunk!

I picked up a couple of kegs for future batches, as well as a 5gal glass carboy that I'll most likely use for secondary fermentation as soon as I figure out the purpose. lol

Anyway, I look forward to the journey from being just an ordinary beer enthusiast to a world class beer maker!

:mug:

lol

I would prefer "respected member of an exclusive group".

:cross:

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I couldn't resist, and tried my first homebrew a week after bottling...lol...it was a little cidery at first, but once it warmed up it tasted pretty good!

I'm gonna let the rest age for two more weeks in hopes to clear up that initial cider taste, but overall I feel it was a successful first batch!

I poured it down the side of the glass like I read in "Fearless Brewing", but doing so gave me little to no head...I used a ceramic goblet...do you guys always follow those pouring instructions, or do you pour your homebrew like you would a micro-brew?

Welcome from Central Florida! There's getting to be quite a few of us Floridians on here. I usually pour my beers right down the middle to build a nice head unless they have a high carbonation level.

The way you poured is fine, it's just a little young in the bottle so there's not much carbonation which results in not much head. Which in any circumstance is not a good thing.

If there is anyone that knows how to get good head, it's the guy from G-ville...lol...I spent the best 3 years of my life there.

Back