Fkking jackass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernerbrau

Reaction score
You *******. I have a high-stress job. I need to fkking vent and screw you if you find my rants tiresome and useless.

Yeah I get it. You're some kind of rabid programming language purist and you gotta put me in my place any f u cking time I talk about one of those languages you dislike. You feel like since the name of the club is Nashville Dynamic Languages, talk about any language with a compiler or type checking is completely unwelcome and you'll gladly harass me until I leave. You know what I think? I think that stipulation is arbitrary as shlt and you need to get over yourself already.

I wouldn't hang out around you if I didn't have other friends in the same damn circle. In fact I'm thinking about quitting this circle just because I'm just so goddamn tired of your SHlT. And because you effectively reduce me to a blubbering idiot when you tell me off you've lowered everyone else's respect for me. But then I would be back down to zero real-life friends and nobody to drink with on Thursdays.

What is your goddamn problem? What gives you the right to harass me out of a circle of friends? Where do you f*cking get f*cking off????????

Die in a fire, *******.

/rant

Isn't it too early for a rant like that?

Hope you have a better day, and that the satanic arsehole is consumed in a ball of flames.

"Die in a [house] fire" is my favorite putdown.

I don't know what any of that nerdlinger stuff you said means, except it seems like one nerdlinger is acting all pompous about his nerdlinger computer language, and another nerdlinger (you) is pretty effing pissed about it. Rage on, fool! Go all Office Space on his ass...

office-space-copier.jpg

Haha! All that talk about programming languages is fun, but ultimately doesn't get a project done. I had a partner in a project group in college that would talk for days on end about how superior language x was over language y. Funny thing was, his actual code SUCKED A$$! I think he talked about programming so much he never had time to actually get to work and start coding. The other 3 people in the group carried development and had him do most of the documentation and design. He could talk the talk, but couldn't code for sh$t.

EDIT: Oh, and I hope his POS car bursts into flames on the highway while going 80mph!

The latest was I've had my eye on learning D because it looks like a pretty slick up-and-comer. This guy is a Ruby fanboy.

I went into the club's IRC channel to ask people's opinions of D and if they thought it was worth learning, and the fukker told me to shut up with a complete refusal to clarify why.

But he's told me off twice now, once over Java and once over C++. I felt like if I hung around I'd just be inviting more flames so I told him thanks for reminding me why I don't hang around the chatroom and logged off.

The latest was I've had my eye on learning D because it looks like a pretty slick up-and-comer. This guy is a Ruby fanboy.

I went into the club's chatroom to ask people's opinions of D and if they thought it was worth learning, and the fukker told me to shut up with a complete refusal to clarify why.

We're not talking about Saddam Hussein or Kim Johg Il are we??? One of the major tactics of a dictator is to keep their subjects as ignorant as possible...so THEY seem smart. This guy is afraid of your knowledge, and cannot let his flock be exposed to any information that doesn't come from him. Yeah...I know the type :mad:.

That's your chance to make him look like the ignorant a-hole when he can't come up with a reason why it sucks other than Cuase "I said So". Go punch him in his jaw. Or tell him he doesn't like D-Code, cause all he can think of when it's brought up is how small his virgin "D-Code" is.

That's your chance to make him look like the ignorant a-hole when he can't come up with a reason why it sucks other than Cuase "I said So".

fuk, he won't even go that far. He'll just launch into an irrelevant tirade while dancing around the issues while making me look like the ass, because he's good at it.

so why do you hang out with him? If he directs a comment just, say. "Please don't talk to me, the whole world get's dumber when you open your mouth".

I want to talk with him. I don't know the first thing about code, but I'm guess it would be fun to bash him on other levels. You know, for picking on our friends! Just post the chat room here, we can all go in and kill him.

I had a partner in a project group in college that would talk for days on end about how superior language x was over language y. Funny thing was, his actual code SUCKED A$$!

I worked with him three years ago, and he was always, I mean ALWAYS coming over to my cube and talking about how he did x y and z and making suggestions on my code. He's probably a decent coder because he's in business with two other guys and they're doing pretty well. I also know the owner and he wouldn't keep him around if he wasn't getting shit done.

He's just an ******* who happens to be a decent programmer which makes him a bigger *******.

so why do you hang out with him? If he directs a comment just, say. "Please don't talk to me, the whole world get's dumber when you open your mouth".

I hang out with other guys in that group who don't actually piss me off. He just fancies himself the keymaster for some reason.

There are deusche bags in every crowd. Just don't talk to them.

Side Note.......You realize this is a Brewing Forum right Brownie/ i think you have to have a minmum ratio of 1 brewing post to every 1000 complaining posts :D MODS?!

I swear the people in the group have grown immune to his crap. They all just tell me not to worry and that he's just trolling.

Strange thing is he never seems to "troll" anyone else. Hrm.

Feeling better now. He's still an ass. I wonder what the company policy is on swigging from a growler while working.

I always get steamed when I see someone belittling of humiliating someone just because they think they can get away with it. I have stepped in when it really didn't pertain to me. I HATE bullies. Personally, I would go for a drink with him and then tell him one on one, that if he did that to me again I would beat him like a rented mule. We could take it up there or the next time he did it, I would catch him at Krogers and beat the dog shiit out of him. The worst thing that could happen is you would get fired. Trust me, there are much worse things that can happen to you. On the the other hand, one of us would take an AW, but then we know where we stand and if I took the AW, when I got over it, one of us would take it again. Even if you took 2 AW's (and I have) he will at least respect the fact that he needs to find another target. You have a tremendous amount of anger about this. Do something if it's quit and do something else. Life is too short. Good Luck - Dwain

Sounds to me like he's either jealous of you or has found someone he can push around. Stand up to him once and he'll go away, odds are. Or just ignore him, as I tell my kids when they encounter a bully.

He's an ass. No need getting worked up about it.

Stand up to him once and he'll go away, odds are.

I stood up for myself and he launched into a sanctimonious diatribe about how I deserved each and every word he was saying. He's not going to stop.

And I'm pretty sure that if I stood up to him physically I'd lose.

I stood up for myself and he launched into a sanctimonious diatribe about how I deserved each and every word he was saying. He's not going to stop.
If someone did that to me, I'd start laughing. If you're confident in what you're doing and confident that what he's saying is complete crap, then it becomes comical.

People like him are morons best ignored.

First tell this guy that you don't appreciate him talking to you like this. Then, since it won't stop, talk to your supervisor. Ultimately, it is illegal for him to cause you to work in a hostile work environment. Your employer is obligated to put a stop to this. And as long as you don't engage in this behavior, you can't be penalized (fired, moved, demoted, etc.) for it, EVER. But unless you involve your Supervisor, as well as document it, then there's plausible denial. I was in management for several years and we received extensive training about this. If you don't feel it's worth it, then deal with it and you can always post here.
And I'm pretty sure that if I stood up to him physically I'd lose
Sometimes, it's O.K. to lose standing up for yourself or someone you love. Luck -Dwain

I don't think this is a colleague, right? I think he means in an internet forum.

Now, if you were to go out and get dome D skilz, and learn up on it, then come back and see if you can show him up. It's hard to compete with someone over something you don't know much about. And like you said, sometimes it's a matter of being a better programmer, not using a better language.

Yeah we don't work together. We just sort of run in the same circle of friends. He's a former coworker but he works with people I hang out with, and very occasionally shows up when we hang out. We all have an IRC channel that we chat on, but for some reason lately he always jumps on me whenever I start talking in the channel.

I don't even know what the gripe was about. He just flat out told me to shut up. And if you knew this guy, you'd know he wouldn't give a rat's ass about your programming skills unless they were in a language he cares about.

I PRESUMED that this was a colleague by how worked up he was. I went back and re read the OP and maybe you're right. But if he gets that strung out about someone that's in a forum and really has no bearing on his life, maybe he deserves to get punked. Dude, just saying.

Brownie, just stay off the chat or don't chime in. You're in a for a long life if you get worked up about some idiot in a forum (the irony here is striking, no? :D).

Don't want to be harsh, but sometimes it's necessary. :)

Brownie, just stay off the chat or don't chime in.

Thing is there's other people in the chat whose opinions I value. I didn't exactly ask for there to be a goddamn bouncer. It seems ridiculous that I can't join in a certain group of friends because one stupid ******* chases me out.

We so need to go to the Flying Saucer and get trashed one night. To bad im so far away. Mmmmm, Flying Saucer, and rage.:D

Just put him on ignore so you don't even have to hear his rantings. Pretty much every chat room has that sort of thing.

Alternately, if you can get access to his code, add a comma at random into it.

Can't say I know much about chat rooms. Definitely don't know anything about programming. But I'm pretty sure that there is some kind of moderator, no?

I'd start by letting him know that his comments aren't welcome. Especially if you have specifically sought out other individuals. If he gets belligerent again, then I'd go with the ignore recommendations. After that, if he is still persistent, then report his dumb *ss. Get him suspended from the forum.

I come here for entertainment and information. Not to get into a fight. I think that goes for most people on this forum and elsewhere. This kind of person is typically very insecure about something. Maybe he can't win an argument in person. Maybe he fears personal confrontation. Maybe he has an overbearing wife. Whatever it is, he picks fights online and in my opinion, he's a lesser person for it.

Don't argue with an idiot, they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Dude just up and told you to shut up. that is pretty aggressive dis-ing for a casual conversation... if you know him IRL I think you need to grow a pair and show his nose how hard your fist is.

Just put him on ignore so you don't even have to hear his rantings. Pretty much every chat room has that sort of thing.

Alternately, if you can get access to his code, add a comma at random into it.

+1 on the placing him on Ignore.
Everychat room IRC, HTML or Yahoo/Aol have an Ignore feature for that very reason, most of the time all you ned to do is open that users pull down menu and select that option!

I hope that helps

- Jason

7 foot tall or not, a foot to the knee will put his head down below your waist pretty quickly. Just stay out of upper punch reach or wear a cup, if ya know what I mean.

Back