Fixed leaking CO2.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have been trying to find a slow leak in my kegerator, for a month now. I found that the 9/16 Oetiker clamps weren't clamping my 9/16 OD hoses, I changed them all to 5/8 clamps and it fixed the leak.

Which size was stamped on the clamps? I found that the 15.7 work perfect for the 9/16" OD tubing. The 13.3 work equally well for the 7/16" OD beer lines (3/16" ID). The clamps are rated for a range of tubing sizes to be used on. I also use a ratcheting tool to crimp them, making sure I go to full compression on them. Never had a single issue.

The 15.7 doesn't have much extra room around the hose after it goes over the barb. It clamps down very nicely. Same with the 13.3 to the 7/16" OD tubing. A 17.0 clamp is too large for 9/16" OD tubing.

Since I've been using these since 2011, I don't recall where I found the information about sizing those. I do know that I at least go with the clamps that have the OD of the tubing in the middle of their range. That way they clamp tightly. I've used oetiker clamps on all kinds of tubing over the years. Most recently was when I changed tubing in my media blast cabinet (for the spray gun). Zero concerns about the tubing coming off of what it's connected to that way.

Back