Five Star Acid Cleaner #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHOOK

Reaction score
where can i buy this product?

its used to remove beerstone from kegs.

i found 1 webstore in canada... that looks ... kinda ehhhh...

thanks

I've never heard of Acid #6, but there is Acid #5. I've seen it at some homebrew shops, but you might try asking around at a brewery. The smallest size container I've seen it in was a gallon jug, which should last practically forever for a homebrewer

cheers

yeah i was looking on five stars website and #6 appeared to be made specifically for kegs and beer stone..

thanks though

thanks

I have been using Acid Cleaner #5 for years to remove beer stone with the added benefit, passivating and re-passivating my stainless steel tanks.
I get a case at a time directly from the manufacturer.

Bokonon said:
The smallest size container I've seen it in was a gallon jug, which should last practically forever for a homebrewer
Depending on your brewing equipment, cleaning schedule, etc. it won't last too long.
The tanks still look like new after 15 years of use and no water stains:D

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

I have been using Acid Cleaner #5 for years to remove beer stone with the added benefit, passivating and re-passivating my stainless steel tanks.

Depending on your brewing equipment, cleaning schedule, etc. it won't last too long.
The tanks still look like new after 15 years of use and no water stains:D

I should have said the average homebrewer then :)

After looking at the links above, I decided to call Homebrew4less to see if they could get Acid Cleaner #6, considering a few of us on here were interested in it. He put in an order with his distributor and added it to his inventory while I was on the phone with him. I thought that was good form on his part. He said it's going to take about 10 days from today's date for the order to reach him, but it can be purchased now.

If you're interested in ordering Acid Cleaner #6, you can find it here for $29.99/gal.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB
I know this is an old thread, but I'm wondering how you were able to buy Five Star Acid #5 directly from Five Star.

Back