First Time Brewer: Kit Arriving Tomorrow!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats! Here is some good reading for brew day. If nothing else use it as a primmer to get a lot of "how-to & why" information.

I routinely look at this myself. Specifically the brewing water info.

This is John Palmer's book. Tons of info.

How to Brew - By John Palmer

Congrats. My very first brew was an IPA as well. In fact im holding a glass of it in my avatar. Pointers---------You are probably going to "think" you screwed up everything along the way and you will make mistakes. Dont worry it will be fine!!!! As long as its boiled and you get yeast on that bad boy it will turn out just fine. And dont over think every little detail.

My suggestion - when you realize you have done something wrong, just relax... Beer has a way of working itself out.

Congrats! I remember the sheer excitement of when I first got my brew kit. It only gets worse from here...

Welcome to the addiction
-Me

Hey,
My first batch is currently 4 days fermented. I , too chose an IPA. All extract so I could focus on the process.
Its like a tatoo. I want to brew another batch right now.
Plus, John Palmer is awesome.

Welcome, pcancila!
I'm new to the forum, but a long time brewer (12 years).
My one advice- cleanliness. The only time I've had problems was because of sanitation.

Love that you are jumping in to the deep end with an IPA (by far, my favorite). My primary has my IPA in it as we speak. Racking to secondary tomorrow.

Keep us posted.

As this is your first home brew you are exempt from the mandatory rule of drinking a homebrew while brewing. It pleases the beer gods. Never ever let this happen. Its seriously bad JuJu.

Wow! This forum rocks! I appreciate all the replies and support!

Schlenkerla, Thank you for the resource!

david 42, In response to your question I actually have a 3.5 gallon stainless steel pasta kettle, i am assuming this will suffice?

Back