First taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naturallight16oz

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Couldn't wait, I popped a bottle of my first brew. A moose drool clone. It has been in bottle for 2 weeks. Taste like a flat diet soda. No head at all, but a little fizz when i opened it. should i expect a big change in a week? or is this about it?

70* for three weeks and about 3+ days in the fridge. That little fizz in the beginning tells me you didnt have it in the fridge long enough for the beer to absorb the Co2. Yes a lot can happen in one week. Look how long it took your beer to ferment. Put a few in the fridge at a time until you know its carbed up.

well i had it in my ferm fridge at 67 for two weeks. Then i decided to throw one of each of my first brews into the icechest tonight to test, I told myself that i wouldn't be like everyone else and that i could wait the 3 weeks. I guess i was wrong lol but I will keep on testing.

well i had it in my ferm fridge at 67 for two weeks. Then i decided to throw one of each of my first brews into the icechest tonight to test, I told myself that i wouldn't be like everyone else and that i could wait the 3 weeks. I guess i was wrong lol but I will keep on testing.

Everyone does it! (I still do) I think it is actually a good exercise, especially as you're starting out, to taste the beer at all its various not-yet-ready phases. Give it more time and try again. If it's still not ready, give it even more time. And so on, and so on...

Back