first stout brewed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walker111

Reaction score
Brewed a 10 g double chocolate oatmeal stout yesterday. All went well and did one fermonster with yeast starter irish ale and one of London 3.
I hit numbers right on and this recipe has a abv of 6.9% making it the biggest beer I brewed in my almost 4 years at this!
Had almost 30 pounds of grain in my cooler mash tun and added some rice hulls and sparged for almost an hour.

I have a 4 tap keezer and know this beer is best with nitrogen but only have co2. My taps are perlick with no extensions for stouts.

Do you find the co2 fine? Carb the same ?
Thanks

Thanks. I figure it will stout on co2 will be fine and don't know enough about them to distinguish a lot. My keezer has one regulator with set pressure for the 4 beers and 11 foot lines.
I have a second tank and regulator that sits in the spare bedroom with kegs pressurized at room temp waiting for their turn in the keezer ( when I have a stock pile). It has dual settings and I am thinking of moving this one in the keezer to serve at 2 pressures.
Will wait and see.

I have a chocolate stout on CO2 right now. I like it overcarbed a little on CO2.

11psi/38f/5' of 3/16"line/standard faucet

5 feet of beer line and no bad foam issue? I have my keezer set quite cold at around 2- 3 degrees C. 11 foot line and 12 psi and still have to adjust often.

5 feet of beer line and no bad foam issue? I have my keezer set quite cold at around 2- 3 degrees C. 11 foot line and 12 psi and still have to adjust often.

I get perfect pours on this stout at 11psi. My IPA next to it is perfect at 8psi. How high is your tap related to the top of your keg?

Back