First pour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cncquinn

Reaction score
It's only been 5 days. I had to pop one open to see how out looks

ForumRunner_20130314_174626.png

ForumRunner_20130314_174642.png

It is a little but I didn't do a secondary and it's only been 5days since I bottled. This is my 1st batch, just followed what it said on the can

How long did you leave it fermenting before bottling? Some products say a week but that is just to make u buy their product more often. I done that with my first batch and it was cloudy. I now leave it in the fermenter for at least 2-3 weeks and it's clear when it comes to bottling day.

I know it's hard not to do it all quickly so you can enjoy ur beer but it's worth the wait.

irishbrewerdownunder said:
How long did you leave it fermenting before bottling? Some products say a week but that is just to make u buy their product more often. I done that with my first batch and it was cloudy. I now leave it in the fermenter for at least 2-3 weeks and it's clear when it comes to bottling day.

I know it's hard not to do it all quickly so you can enjoy ur beer but it's worth the wait.

I left it for 2 weeks. I honestly don't care for how clear it is. Just as long as it taste like its suppose to. It has a strong hops bitter taste like all the other IPA I've tried so I feel it's a success. This is gonna be my first and last no boil beer I'm doing. I don't know what kind I'm going to do but it will be an extract then I will eventually get to all grain. Now the directions say after 2 weeks in the bottle it will be ready to drink, but I think I'm going to let these age for longer before I chill them.

Back