First Pour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pistolero

Reaction score
Well here it is...the first pour out of my first batch, precisely one month from the day that it went into the primary.

firstpour.jpg

Today is day twelve in the bottle, after 15 days in the secondary and 4 in the primary. I am astonished...it looks like beer, it smells like beer, and it tastes like beer...good beer! :)

The most amazing thing to me is the radical change from two days ago (yes I know, that means this wasn't the first pour...but it was the first Official pour). After ten days in the bottle, there wasn't much carbonation and the beer, tho it tasted good, was still quite a bit mo bitta than I like. Today the carbonation is almost there, but the taste is absolutely wonderful, with the bitterness almost totally gone...just kind of hanging out in the background.

Damn, that's a good looking stout ! I agree with the needing one or twelve of those to fully appreciate it. I understand that shipping it out of Occupied Kingwood is probably impossible, so I'll just be happy with the picture. Looks great .

gaelone said:
That a porter or a stout? it has a great head. yeasties went nuts.
No, nothing that heavy...I think it's an amber ale. I told the guy at the LHBS that I liked Fat Tire, and scotch ales, but I've been thinking for a month now that he had given me the fixin's for something heavier. But suddenly today it tastes exactly like what I was shooting for...a Belgian Amber. It's a little darker than my target, but the taste is dead on. I just love it when a plan come together. :cool:

Wayne Havens said:
Ya know sir, you must give me one or twelve, just to verify what you are saying!
Wayne...drop me a PM next time you're passing by...I'll meet you out on 59. I'd love to have a second opinion.

Latest posts

Back