First Night-Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewpool

Reaction score
I brew all grain with a buddy and we always brew two batches due to all the setup. I have always woken up early on Saturday mornings so we could start by 7 am which means we generally don't wrap up until 2:30 pm. Decided to try a Friday night brew session last night, starting at 5pm wrapping at 12:30am, and absolutely loved it!

Being in AZ it was hot for the first couple hours (105 F) but once the sun was down it was just peaceful and fun to brew. The wives joined us on the patio, had a cookout, had plenty of beers. Good time all around.

Brewed a SMASH IPA with Maris Otter and Galaxy hops and then a Kolsch. Brew day went nearly perfect other than forgetting to add some acid malt to the SMASH to bring pH down. At least I can truly say it's single malt??? :D Hit our mash temp, pre boil gravity, and starting gravity spot on. Love having my equipment dialed in. Yeast starters did their job and are already kicking.

All in all it was a great brew day and I think I'll be moving to the night shift going forward. Cheers. :mug:

Sounds like an excellent brew evening! Nothing beats having friends or family over while you brew...eat some food and enjoy the company!

Enjoy that SMASH beer...MO is my favorite base malt I literally put it in everything except my Kölsch

Latest posts

Back