First love of beer......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bert_T

Reaction score
Remember when you had your first beer? In a few sentences tell us what it was, how old you were, and how feel about that beer now.

Mine was a 12 oz Budweiser which I shared with 2 friends. I was 14. I stay away from that stuff. I laugh when I see people drinking it now.

Sips of my dad's can when I was three or four. Drinking that beer is actually my earliest memory. Don't know for sure what brand it was. Most likely Old Milwaukee.

I apparently drank half a bottle of BMC when I was three. I then poured a carton of milk into the kitchen garbage bin.

It's been downhill from there.

My dad gave me a quarter glass of Redhook ESB when I was 10. I absolutely loved it then and still do.

My first nefarious beer was.. Unfortunately... Keystone light at a redneck highschool party when I was 16

I was 4 and was eyeing a can of miller lite my dad was drinking.
"i can haz?"
"sure buddy go for it"
I take a sip, and promptly spit it on our new carpet. Serves you right, Dad.

first sips were from my Grandpa's Buckeye Beer, 10 or 11 years old

first drunk was from Uncles' homebrew at 12 or 13, two or three years before it was legal

I was 7, 8, maybe 9... at a crab-boil down at the beach, there was a cooler of beer. They had ponies of Schlitz (NOT the malt liquor!) and I stole one.

Nasty stuff. Surprised I got back into later in life. Still not sure if I am glad I did, or worse off because of it.

My first time (remember, I am German/Slovak), was at age 1 when dad left his open bottle of Stroh's on the tree stump used for chopping wood. It had the old " bohemian style beer" label in those days. I still have a bronze belt buckle of that label. I tasted it, liked it, then proceeded to chug the whole bottle. I set it down exactly as it had been & tried to look innocent. But my flushed face & belch gave it away. Yet another reason I like the taste of the old school lagers...:tank:

Yeah I hear you there. I oftentimes raise the same question as well. So in order to somewhat justify my drinking, I at least try to drink quality beer. Lol. Cheers!

Sips off my Dad's Old Style when I was around 7 yrs old, I think. I had one of those recently for nostalgia's sake. Man, that's terrible beer. My Dad's taste in beer has improved quite a bit since then.

First time I drank more than just stealing a sip from my Dad's bottle was a mix of Shiner and Miller Lites when I was 12 or 13 at a buddy's house. His Dad let us have a couple beers, but we snuck a lot more than a couple. I remember getting pretty toasty and walking to the bathroom, having to use the wall to stay up. Pass my friend's Mom and she gave her husband a good scolding. Was good times. Was summer time in Tx drinking in/around the pool while grilling. Hoo boy man tell you hwat.

First beer I actually enjoyed vs just tolerating was Rogue's Dead Guy Ale. It's definitely what got me into drinking and brewing. Don't even enjoy it anymore though.

First beer I actually enjoyed vs just tolerating was Rogue's Dead Guy Ale. It's definitely what got me into drinking and brewing. Don't even enjoy it anymore though.

I definitely know what you mean on this. I was in college in Boulder, Colorado in the early 90's, so New Belgium Fat Tire was just starting to get known locally. That's the one that turned me on to craft beer, but similar to you and Dead Guy, I can't drink it anymore.

Back